From WW to IE to My Fitness Pal!

VeganGal84
VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
edited 1:46AM in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!

I was a successful Weight Watchers member who lost 76 pounds (from 220 to 146) and then switched to Intuitive Eating to maintain that loss... Yeah, it didn't work out so well!

So instead of going back to WW, I've decided to try out My Fitness Pal to re-lose a few pounds and to go on to get to my ultimate goal weight of 140.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Replies

• Welcome aboard!
    You already know this, but you CAN do it :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Hello there! :) MFP is great. You'll be at your goal in no time.
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    What I like about MFP is that you can change your goals over time. Achieve the weight loss you want, then set the system to "maintain" and keep tracking what you eat.

I've lost 95 pounds -- took a little over a year. I keep food logging. Why? Because left to my own devices I would eat and eat and eat and eat and eat...

Mind you, I'm extremely active. My amount of exercise lets me eat 3500 calories most days. Still, without MFP, I would eat way more than that. ;-)

MFP works as an external fuel gage that lets me know when I've eaten as much as I need.

Good luck and have fun with it!
  • ladydove5
    ladydove5 Posts: 23 Member
    hey! We are glad to have you aboard and join us in our journey together to a healthier life style :) You will meet a lot of nice people here and we all support one another's trip to a leaner life style ! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • astilson33
    astilson33 Posts: 52
    I also lost weight on weight watchers, and really liked it. I LOVE My Fitness Pal and it kind of reminds me of Weight Watchers in a way because your counting calories, you can enter your food and exercise and it gives you calories back from your workouts. But this is free, AND you have people on here that are GREAT! Everyone here is very supportive! So, WELCOME and GOOD LUCK! :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome! I just know that I'm going to fit right in here. :-)
This discussion has been closed.