Eggs Benedict Day!

Options
dklibert
dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
It's Eggs Benedict Day! How do you make yours?

If I am behaving I make Hungry Girl's Egg Benedict.

When I am not. I found a microwave Hollandaise and make it traditional or veggie like this: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/10/veggie-eggs-benedict.html.

DSC03859.JPG

I would love more recipes to try. Thanks in advance for sharing yours.

Replies

• ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oooh, the joys of eggs benedict! I lightly butter and bake my english muffins, sear the canadian bacon, and then traditional poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Since hollandaise takes time and effort, it's a rare treat for me. But it may be the only meal I enjoy a bloody mary with as well.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A side of bloody mary sounds perfect. I love those too!
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How dare you pose pics like that? Don't you kno people are hungry on here! Lol
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I miss my eggs benny, can't wait to try the HG version.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ugh the Hungry Girl stuff is so full of artificial stuff, it doesn't look appetizing at all. Fat free mayo and low fat butter spread? Yuck.

The second recipe looks delicious though. I admit I've never tried to make egg benedicts because I have no idea how to poach eggs and I don't know how to make Hollandaise sauce.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Funny this topic just came up! I am currently putting my menu for the week together. I'm making a Benedict-like dish for my breakfast. I'm not putting on bread, since I don't have any around that would work for food prepping purposes. It's basically consisting of salmon, eggs, with an easy cheese sauce. I'm also adding asparagus since I think it will go well, and I need to use it up since it's essentially on its "last leg".

http://diethood.com/poached-eggs-salmon-with-cheese-sauce/
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs are pretty darn easy to make. Heat a pot of water and maybe a splash of vinegar to BARELY boiling. Before you crack an egg into the pot, start stirring the pot so the water is rotating at a decent clip. This will help kind of gather the egg in the center and keep it from sticking to the bottom. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes depending on how runny you like your egg. Pull it out with a slotted spoon. Easy.

Im with you on the artificial stuff in the first recipe. I would avoid margarine in particular.