Am I still succeeding ?

Options
chelseyperry735
chelseyperry735 Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 5'4 My start weight was 168 and my current weight now is 126 . Recently on spring break I gained probably two pounds and have been eating at 1340 to lose them , I'm on my second week ! The only thing is I've been super big on eating tons of carbs ( mostly fruits) my main goal is to lose fat so that I can have a reduction in my body fat percentage . I know that not all calories are equal , but is me eating more fruits and carbs like oatmeal going to result in my body fat staying more visible even as my weight goes down ? I am willing to eat more vegetables and protein but I was just wondering if I will lose more fat by cutting out some carbs .

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This site is for people 18 and over. Check out sparkteens.com.
  • flippinfins
    flippinfins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What makes you think she isn't 18? College students have springbreak...
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    What makes you think she isn't 18? College students have springbreak...

Her original post gave her age (under 18). She has since edited it.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Where does it say she is under 18? Profile states 19 yo and nothing in her post suggests otherwise?

To answer your question no eating more fruits and carbs will not result in body fat appearing more visible. Set a calorie deficit and eat the food you feel you can have a sustainable weight loss with. If that's fruit and oats great, they are full of nutrition.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 My start weight was 168 and my current weight now is 126 . Recently on spring break I gained probably two pounds and have been eating at 1340 to lose them , I'm on my second week ! The only thing is I've been super big on eating tons of carbs ( mostly fruits) my main goal is to lose fat so that I can have a reduction in my body fat percentage . I know that not all calories are equal , but is me eating more fruits and carbs like oatmeal going to result in my body fat staying more visible even as my weight goes down ? I am willing to eat more vegetables and protein but I was just wondering if I will lose more fat by cutting out some carbs .

No. You lose fat by cutting calories, not certain macros.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Where does it say she is under 18? Profile states 19 yo and nothing in her post suggests otherwise?

To answer your question no eating more fruits and carbs will not result in body fat appearing more visible. Set a calorie deficit and eat the food you feel you can have a sustainable weight loss with. If that's fruit and oats great, they are full of nutrition.

Can you see in her OP the line, at the bottom, about it being edited at 3:41? My post was at 3:39, she edited it to remove her age after I commented.
  • chelseyperry735
    chelseyperry735 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No they are right I did edit because I was asking a question. The main focus didn't need to be on a one year age difference . I was born in 1998 , my profile says 1997 because I figured that one year would not be a big deal . As for the nutrition help thank you . Thank you also for the spark teen reccomendation. I would rather use fitness pal being that it suits my goals and needs better than the other site does .

Can you see in her OP the line, at the bottom, about it being edited at 3:41? My post was at 3:39, she edited it to remove her age after I commented.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,069 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it doesn't much matter where the calories come from.

For optimum health, fruits & other complex carbs, healthy fats, plenty of veggies (for micronutrients) and protein are all good for you, in the right balance.

It's a good plan to eat enough protein and healthy fats as a baseline, plus plenty of foods with good micronutrients. After you hit those targets, and as long as you're getting enough fiber from them, the amount of carbs is up to you. Some people find it easier to stick with a calorie deficit if they minimize carbs; others need complex carbs to feel full/satisfied. You can experiment.