MOTIVATE ME!

Options
Hey there!

I'm Desiree! I am currently 5'5", 159 pounds. In high school I was 122 pounds, in college I was 135. Back then, I hated my body and always wanted to be thinner. It was something I thought about every moment of the day. Now, I LOVE my body and am comfortable in my skin. But I want to drop 15 pounds so that I can be even more comfortable/confident. I work out and eat well all the time and am finding that it is MUCH harder to lose weight at my age (I'm 29). I also want to enjoy my life-when I was constantly restricting and thinking about my weight I was not as happy as I am now. I just need the motivation and support from others to know that I can do this! Images attached were taken yesterday. uax5xprqfp3v.png
onc3z609wi9u.png

Replies

• patriciachristensen78
    Options
    I am also looking for the same. Trying to lose about 40lbs. Would be happy to up a little group for motivation and accountability! :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Only you can motivate yourself. No one can do that for you.

Good luck!
  • Trimtiger
    Trimtiger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some of us aren't looking for attention but just need a word of encouragement or kick in the butt when needed. To hear others have the same struggles or issues can be helpful and an eye opener. Seeing other succeed that were in the same fitness and nutrition levels as us. Desiree, you can do this by yourself but like you I enjoy having others to motivate, encourage, and help make me accountable. Feel free to friend me.
  • okami1122
    okami1122 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Desiree, yes you can do this! But it's so much easier when we do it together. I'm 5'4" and 161lbs. I was 98 lbs all through college, but got up to a happy 127 in my early 30s. Since hitting 50 ( I'm 55 now) things have gotten a little out of control. I was doing well and was down to 150 on my way to a goal of 130, when I developed a severe Morton's neuroma in my left foot and gained back 10 lbs, so now I'm starting over. You go girl! I'm here with you.
  • MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "The most certain way to succeed is to try one more time."-Thomas Edison
    Keep trying! It's the most certain way to succeed :)
  • Tinyturtle31
    Tinyturtle31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 201lbs, I am wanting to lose 60lbs! I am also struggling with the motivation to kick my butt in gear! Add me, we can motivate each other!