What gets you in the zone? Music, scenery, singing, etc...

Options
Many times I find myself short on time to workout and can't leave the house. The treadmill has worked well for me but my playlists has grown old. Does anyone have any really good playlists that work for them? What other things do you do to get in the zone. Working out is so hard when you can't let your wonder.

Replies

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My playlist is all over the place, but I find if I change my runs up with intervals of speed or hills it reduces boredom and time goes by faster. Plus you get a better burn. If I'm stuck on a long slow run on the mill, it's episodes of survivor or big brother. Can't believe I just admitted to that!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like podcasts that tell stories. I get engrossed in the story, and it makes the time fly by. Favorites include RadioLab, Freakonomics Radio, The Moth, Snap Judgement, Stuff You Missed in History Class, and the BBC's Friday Night Comedy Show.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Beards.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What music app are you using? Spotify has a setting where you can pick tracks based on the BPM.
  • dllyon5
    dllyon5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Music. iTunes. My own purchased music.
  • SteveMcMahon
    SteveMcMahon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WA_mama2 wrote: »
    What music app are you using? Spotify has a setting where you can pick tracks based on the BPM.

I do use Spotify. I'll look into that now thanks. Gunna hit the treadmill in about 10 mins.
  • shananeedsto
    shananeedsto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My playlist is crazy. Mostly 90's
    But music is what gets me in the zone
  • SteveMcMahon
    SteveMcMahon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WA_mama2 wrote: »

Found lots of workout playlists on Spotify. I didn't even know they were there. Should keep me going for a long time now. They have a running section that plays music recommended for you and picks songs bases on your pace. Spotify is DOPE!!!! Thank you so much for the tip!
  • AshBeaner
    AshBeaner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hands down music. Good music pumps me up.

Metallica
    Halestorm
    Disturbed
  • Mamasota86
    Mamasota86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Music definitely! Hip hop or cumbias! ☺