Clothing Give-Away

Options
I was just curious as to what people do with thier clothes that do not fit them anymore from loosing thier weight. I know myself I have a box that I am going to give to Goodwill. I was woundering what people think of recycling thier clothes that do not fit them anymore and sending them to people on here?! I know myself clothes are not expensive depending on where you go however they are not cheap either for quality clothes.

Right now I am a stay at home mother to my fiance and ours son until I can find a job so there is no money to be buying clothes for me, yes I have some clothes however I have two pairs of shorts and about 5 shirts. I just wear my shorts over and over seeing I am a stay at home mothers. I was just woundering if anyone would like to donate thier clothes to me..I guess it cant hurt to ask right? This of course is not a cry for help, and I am sure that people will have something negative to say to me about this.

I just thought seeing most people on this site are so supporative (at least I know my friends on here are) that instead of donating our clothes to goodwill or a local trift store maybe we can recycle our clothes that do not fit us anymore to each other. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea let me know.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I give mine away on FreeCycle but your idea is a great one. http://www.freecycle.org/
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about that site!! Thanks so much! I know my friend got a water bed from there, I honeslty couldnt believe it.
  • kaitlyn819
    kaitlyn819 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello I just joined but that is a great idea. I wonder if they could have a forum category for that. I have some nice Lane Bryant stuff and I am always just giving it to good will but sometimes its really new and nice, just didnt fit
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great ideal. My pants are getting a little baggy but I have tried on pants that fit and I just don't like the way they look. You can make out all the lose skin between my legs:grumble: and believe me there is a lot.:laugh: :wink: I guess that I will just continue to wear my baggy pants for a little longer. It is a great ideal though. I am anxious to see what everybody else says. Have a blessed Sunday.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think you have a very good idea! It's expensive to lose weight when we have to find something to fit after losing each size. I bought a lot of clothes at rummage sales and Goodwill when I was losing. I did splurge every now and then and hit Kohl's. Wish I had something to send you. What size are you in?
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am a size 14 in womens right now or a 15 in juniors. Shirts size Medium
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wish that I was your size. I am still wearing my size 28 pants and 4x in shirts. I have tried on a 3x and it fits but I am not ready to give up my 28 pants. I will just wear them baggy. Hids a lot of problems.lol:laugh:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great thing to give away my clothes that don't fit! I am sending my sister some of the nicer things(because of postage) that no longer fit me and everything else is going to a women's shelter. My son is also cleaning out his closet (toys and clothes) to donate also.
    Btw you should also check craiglist for free stuff. A lot of time I see them giving away clothes (I live in a big city though).