Mom of 2 or more success/Before After

Options
Hi!

I have two young kids and just starting to get serious about being fit again. I could use a little motivation from other moms. Any mom can respond, but I put 2+ since I know it can be even more challenging (in terms of time and results) after your body has been through pregnancy multiple times. Any moms want to share their before/afters/during success stories? How long did it take? Any tips for how you kept at it despite being busier, more tired, etc? I've been working out from YouTube videos, and they've been even better than the gym, honestly. I am also trying to eliminate most processed and frozen foods that I've relied on for convenience...stocking up on fresh food and trying a hand at light meal prep. It just feels like I have forever to go (want to lose about 30lbs).

Thanks!

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have two kiddos and have lost 77lbs in the last year.

Even when I don't have time to fit in a proper workout I can keep track of what I'm eating. Figure out your TDEE and eat 500cals less. You'll lose weight even without working out. Exercise excellerates loss a bit, but you can never out-run your fork.
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you (googling TDEE)! Shadow2Soul, WOW you did amazing!!!!
  • 4amandita4
    4amandita4 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a 4 years old and a 9 month old baby . Iv been working out for 6 months now and eating clean so far this is my progress .
  • 4amandita4
    4amandita4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • fit4itall
    Options
    You look so good! I'm trying the clean eating, so this is very inspirational. Thank you!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have 3 kids (gave birth to 2). Gained a few pounds when I hit 40. Started 10 weeks ago with lifting 3x/week with 20 min HIIT on in between days and one rest day. Eat 6 meals a day. Usually around 1200 calories (I'm 5'2" and small boned) and drink 10 cups of water. Macro ratio is 40%P/40%C/20%F

mby4hgme3mh3.jpeg
  • WiccaMagic
    WiccaMagic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 months and lost 7.2 pounds but I find myself super HANGRY!!!! I started back on this App along with WW to see how they compare. Day 3 in and this App gives me about 400 calories more to eat (1 WW point is a rough 50 calories so I was getting 1500 calories). I work with a dietician who has helped me try and tweak my meals on WW so I'm not so HANGRY but it's not helped that much. My doctor says all bloodwork is in normal range. I'm beginning to think WW is too restrictive for me. I've got one month left on my membership so I'll tally things up before I decide to renew WW or not. :/
  • WiccaMagic
    WiccaMagic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys (23 months and 4 yrs).

The day my oldest was born (c-section/34 wks):
    as1bab8ruf07.jpg

About a month into using MFP and 40 lbs down from my highest (10 lbs with MFP/30 lbs before MFP):
    w7gsqb438s8m.jpg
    60r78x2ekdm8.jpg

41 wks with my second (about 10 lbs lighter than the picture above....attempted vbac ended in c-section 2 days later):
    0an1hnvjnxdr.jpg

4 days ago
    201wm3j0uqfi.jpg

• fit4itall
    Options
    Hi there. I have 3 kids (gave birth to 2). Gained a few pounds when I hit 40. Started 10 weeks ago with lifting 3x/week with 20 min HIIT on in between days and one rest day. Eat 6 meals a day. Usually around 1200 calories (I'm 5'2" and small boned) and drink 10 cups of water. Macro ratio is 40%P/40%C/20%F

mby4hgme3mh3.jpeg

You look great!
  • fit4itall
    Options
    WiccaMagic wrote: »
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 months and lost 7.2 pounds but I find myself super HANGRY!!!! I started back on this App along with WW to see how they compare. Day 3 in and this App gives me about 400 calories more to eat (1 WW point is a rough 50 calories so I was getting 1500 calories). I work with a dietician who has helped me try and tweak my meals on WW so I'm not so HANGRY but it's not helped that much. My doctor says all bloodwork is in normal range. I'm beginning to think WW is too restrictive for me. I've got one month left on my membership so I'll tally things up before I decide to renew WW or not. :/

Maybe just try logging here for a few months before deciding whether to renew. Are you eating 3 meals and snacks between or several small meals (more like snacks)? I found that eating more frequently helps with the hunger. Tons of raw low cal veggies like broccoli and cucumber seem to be helping.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't want to quote just one of those before and afters b/c all of you look awesome!! Great job!! You all look amazing!!

I am a mom of 2 (2 c-sections) and 42 yrs old. I lost about 15 lbs over two years ago and have been maintaining ever since. Do you have a food scale? IMO, a food scale is so important. You don't have to eliminate anything from your diet, just keep everything within your calorie goal. Another great tool for me was my HRM. It really gave me a good idea of my calorie burn during exercise. You can do it!! :smile:
  • nishlika
    nishlika Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Wow! I didn't want to quote just one of those before and afters b/c all of you look awesome!! Great job!! You all look amazing!!

I am a mom of 2 (2 c-sections) and 42 yrs old. I lost about 15 lbs over two years ago and have been maintaining ever since. Do you have a food scale? IMO, a food scale is so important. You don't have to eliminate anything from your diet, just keep everything within your calorie goal. Another great tool for me was my HRM. It really gave me a good idea of my calorie burn during exercise. You can do it!! :smile:

Good job girl
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4....ages 8,6,5,1.5. Ive lost 75# over the last 15ish months.

Ill post pics in a bit!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I never took befores as i'm a little camera-shy, and i'm not at 'after' yet. My highest weight was 231, in 2013 i starved myself at 1350 cals and did nothing but cardio. I made it down to 145, but was terribly out of shape still. Soon as I stopped eating weird fat-free and 'diet' stuff I gained most of it back. Discovered weightlifting and lost down to 168, then got pregnant(planned, but definetly derailed my fitness goals. Totally worth it). Had baby #3 september 2015, weighed in at 215+ then. Started back with MFP dec 27/15 at 199 pounds. Started out at 2000 cals, now at 1850 of real food. I've been walking and weightlifting, lost 26 pounds in the last 16 weeks and dropped my body fat% from 33 to 27. Still about 25 pounds from goal but I feel like it's much more sustainable and i think i'll be happier with my appearance once i get there. I'm 5'7" and 173 currently, which puts me in a size 10.

I weightlift at home, and my other kids are 7&11 so I often go for walk with just the little one while they're in school. If it takes less than an hour to walk there I do. I go back to work in July, so i'll have to figure out a different plan then, but it works for now.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    rp5wmwyejeui.jpeg

Not a super dramatic transformation but I'm hacking along. On the left 8/14 on right today 4/16. Had some set backs but have lost 13 lbs so far.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's successes! Everyone looks amazing!! Love to see more!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @NMSever -wow. What a transformation! You look amazing. @tinywonder25 - you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • maui_luau
    maui_luau Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You all look awesome and are a huge motivation. I had baby #5 8 weeks ago via c-section. Is it just my imagination or does the weight stay on longer from a c section (I had 4 natural births prior) looking to lose 40lbs. I gained 65lbs while pregnant. Anyone want to add me and we can motivate each other.