When did you start seeing results?

Options
i know that seeing results varies between person to person and intensity and what not but I just really want to hear some other people's experiences! I only just got back into working out and eating better two weeks ago and I am just so excited to start seeing my body change!!! I know I've probably got a while before I will see any changes on my body but I want to hear about yours for some inspiration!

Replies

• RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My daughter continually loses weight each day by eating and exercising in moderation and by having a little full fat cheese before lunch and dinner to take away the raging hunger. I eat much more and I lose weight at the rate of about a kilo every 5 or 6 weeks. It's painfully slow but at least I'm going in the right direction. I hope you find a style that you can maintain in the long term because I think it's persistence that is the key factor so you need habits that you can live with.
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Seeing results on the scale, a week. Seeing results is physique, two weeks. But that's just me. If you're consistent for two weeks, no reason you wouldn't see results in the mirror.
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Saw results on the scale almost immediately (did a pretty drastic reduction. But I went from lots of soda, probably 5-6k calories a day and no exercise to no soda or sweet tea, walking an average of 5 miles per day and less than 2200 calories most days, so the weight falls off at almost a pound a day. But I'm 100lbs overweight and I assume it will lessen as I get thinner
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    On the scale, within the first week. Visually, a slight difference at 20 lbs. In clothes, it took 30ish lbs.

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This may not be reassuring, but I'm down 30 lbs and cannot tell all, except that my rings are looser. I have no idea where it's coming from. :/
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    This may not be reassuring, but I'm down 30 lbs and cannot tell all, except that my rings are looser. I have no idea where it's coming from. :/

This is where progress photos come in handy. I took mine every month.
  • SteveMcMahon
    SteveMcMahon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started feeling the results after 10 days. I couldn't tell in the mirror but my skin started getting lose and I could feel smaller in different areas. I've been at it 3 weeks now and feeling great but still can't tell in the mirror. My family and friends haven't motioned anything to me so I don't think they have noticed a difference either. But I'm feeling really good and healthier. That is what's keeping me going.
  • kvanpelt34
    kvanpelt34 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I saw results on the scale and on my legs within 2 weeks with diet and exercise.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    After about 20 lbs. Make sure to take pics at the start and then at least once per month. You'll be shocked at the differences!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where you start. If you are very overweight, it is going to take longer. But if you are just on a recomp or start out petite meaning to lose ~5lbs, you will see results soon.

I (really) started my recomp about a month ago, and I'm seeing changes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was just over the line obese.
    I started seeing the number on the scale drop week 1. It took dropping about 15-20 lbs before I could see any difference in photos and the fit of my clothes.
  • openthegatekate
    openthegatekate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Such a great motivational post as its the kind of thought that does plague your mind. I started seeing a consistent drop on the scales which I track with an app. I lost 1 stone over 2 weeks of long distance (150 miles) walk I did for charity, but didn't realise that had happened until I stepped on the scale. I've lost half a stone in about a month and can kind of see in my face and the fit of some clothes but no one has properly noticed although my boyfriend did say he had seen a difference. I think he was probably saying that as he knew I was trying. Generally the biggest and most important change I have seen is in my brain, i generally feel so much happier, healthier and not so tired. This has been remarked on at work, my manager said 'don't know what's different, but me and the director have said you've really stepped up the mark' which meant the world. Notice every little thing that makes a personal difference to you - if you're able to run up the stairs without panting, walk a certain stretch quicker, or feel more satisfied by wholesome foods rather than junk. I've got a long way to go (about 65 lbs) but it's these little changes that are the milestones to the end point. Let's do this! Add me if you want, and good luck with all of your journeys.
  • lucyreyes89
    lucyreyes89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mmmm a ver si esto funciona!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 lbs and I'm down to 187. I can tell my clothes are fitting way better and have even already donated some. My rings are annoyingly loose. However, I've been taking progress pictures and honestly don't see a difference. My husband thinks I've lost my mind that I don't see it. And people are just now starting to comment.
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that my muscles are firmer but I've only weighed myself after a month of exercise and I've used two different scales that have given me different readings ('cause I doubt I've lost 5lbs in a few days!) i'm still hoping for more of a difference but only now this past week I've cut my calories and am exercising more
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday last week, so its just been 1 week and I am down 7.5 pounds down on the scale this morning.