Any vegan pals here?

Any vegan pals?

Replies

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Was just told that my diet isn't vegan at all because I have one meal with meat a week. But maybe 95.2% plant based is appropriate considering...
  • Paula67493
    Paula67493 Posts: 1 Member
    Vegetarian for 20 years, vegan for 2 :-)
  • larochellenadia
    larochellenadia Posts: 2 Member
    Vegan for almost 2 years!
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Vegetarian most my life...the older I get the more vegan I become lol phasing out dairy lol, but honestly I would be a Fruititarian if I was able, north central pa winters aren't very good for fruit ....buuuurrrrr
  • call3na
    call3na Posts: 33 Member
    I've been veggie (with minimal dairy) for years and the last year has been mostly vegan as my daughter decided she wanted to be vegan instead of veggie and it's easier cooking for all of us.

However I've been really struggling with getting enough protein into my diet to keep my body gaining strength, so I've been adding cheese & eggs back into my diet over the last week. Would be interested to hear how you get enough protein when purely vegan - I found I simply couldn't eat enough to get it without the boost from the eggs & cheese!

I still only use soya milk & yoghurts though!
  • JVittitoe
    JVittitoe Posts: 8 Member
    I include beans, tofu and tempeh. I am a fairly new vegan but get plenty of protein.
  • Lindsay2712
    Lindsay2712 Posts: 3 Member
    Vegetarian for 29 years and vegan for one. It's been easier than I thought it would be and I really wish I'd done it years ago.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Been vegan for 7 months now. I really wish I would have done it earlier too. I am vegan for the animals in the first place, but I do see tons of health benefits too :)
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Vegan for almost 3 years. The diet helped heal a chronic health condition (with herbs and supplements). Lost 10+ pounds initially without trying. Now it's time to exercise, cut fats, and lose 25 more.