My first success!

Options
calimari
calimari Posts: 202 Member
I joined MFP in late May because I was thinking how my doctor got on my case in December, insisting I needed to lose at least 20 lbs this year, and the year was halfway over & I hadn't even started. I work out & try to watch what I eat but I knew I somehow gained 30 lbs in the last year or so instead. He wanted me on WW, but I've done that before, and I gained weight. I can gain weight on my own.

So I started this on 5/24. I opted for the 1 lb/week option thinking if I took it slow, it would be more permanent. I set my first goal to lose 10 lbs by 7/22, the day we leave for our Colorado vacation. Instead, I lost pretty steadily at 2 lbs/week and I hit my 10 lb goal already!

I also had a mini NSV earlier this week when I tried on a skort that I put on for a Memorial Day BBQ & promptly took it back off as it was too tight. This week I was able to wear it - no problem!

I have been dealing with weight issues for 20 years and this is the first time where it hasn't been difficult, where I haven't felt deprived, when I haven't felt like I'd have to eat "special meals" for the rest of my life, or that I could never have a treat. I eat whatever I want - I just have to count it. And exercise. I normally do really well at exercise OR really well with diet, but never both. This is the first time I'm doing both - and it's working. I could be on WW 9 months and just lose & gain the same 5 lbs over and over. With MFP, I feel like I'm just challenging myself. I'm obviously highly motivated to earn extra calories, as I'm finally exercising, and seeing a difference.

Very happy so far!

Replies

• kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    WTG!!!!!!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are my inspiration! I have just recommitted to lose 25lbs once and for all, and your post has just strenghtened my resolve. Thank you, and keep going!
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am also very food motivated, and started out exercising only so I could eat more food. Now, after 6 months, I feel horrible if I don't exercise. What a change in my lifestyle and mindset!!!!!!!! Good luck to you!
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go and good luck to you! :smile:
  • mom2cmb2x
    mom2cmb2x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I feel the same way about MFP! I have lost 20 pounds so far and it has been the easiest thing I have tried. Kudos to you for making it work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!