Checking if my goal is correct

Options
Hi, I need to lose 0.5kg a week. This is what the app goal got me which is 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein. Doesn't sounds right to me. Any input?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you aren't comfortable with the macro percentages you can change them. Those are just the default percentages.

What are your stats?
  • jayrow473
    jayrow473 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi started 3 weeks ago and I need help because it started me at 1990 calories and I lowered it to 1500 but I don't know what my carbs,fat and protein should be can any one help me please
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a variety of opinion about this. Personally I'm not convinced it makes a huge difference how you set your macros or whether you hit them. Anything in the range quoted above probably is fine, especially if you're fairly overweight and looking to lose a lot. If you're quite slender and looking to do a body recomposition, well, there I admit total ignorance. For plain old losing lots of excess weight, though, the most important thing is to create a good-sized calorie deficit and not eat anything too crazy: any old mix of carbs, protein, and fat will probably be fine. Don't do anything nutty like try to subsist on 100% grapefruit. Why not start and then tinker with the mix? Getting started on the calorie deficit is the key.