New moms??!! Let's lose this baby weight!!!

Options
hey all! I'm 23 years old, live in America, and gave birth to a darling little lady 10 days ago. I'm not doing any serious workouts yet since I'm breastfeeding, but am doing daily walks to get me started on my slim down! I would love new mom friends/dad friends who are serious about fitness and want to be there for each other! When I do start working out again (probably in 2 weeks), I'll ramp up my weightlifting and cardio before I focus on getting my strength back (I'm a powerlifter). Share your favorite workout and let's get rocking!!

Replies

• magicretreat
    magicretreat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just had my little guy almost 4 weeks ago and I need to get back on the healthy wagon! I am mainly focusing on eating healthy right now, but want to eventually get more workouts into our routine. :)
  • HollyC111397
    HollyC111397 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! As hard to admit as it is I'm not really a new mom anymore, my baby girl will be half a year old on the 29th but unfortunately I'm still trying to lose that baby weight! One thing I was not prepared for after birth was how hungry breastfeeding can make you lol. I'm currently doing the postnatal slimdown workout by Moms into fitness on YouTube and strongly recommend it.
  • hmotis
    hmotis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just had my little guy almost 4 weeks ago and I need to get back on the healthy wagon! I am mainly focusing on eating healthy right now, but want to eventually get more workouts into our routine. :)

Love it! That's basically my plan of attack right now. Not concerned with how much I'm eating but the quality of food. I'll add you :smile:
  • hmotis
    hmotis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! As hard to admit as it is I'm not really a new mom anymore, my baby girl will be half a year old on the 29th but unfortunately I'm still trying to lose that baby weight! One thing I was not prepared for after birth was how hungry breastfeeding can make you lol. I'm currently doing the postnatal slimdown workout by Moms into fitness on YouTube and strongly recommend it.

Nice! Happy birthday to her :smiley: that's awesome! Glad it's all working well for you!!
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 5 year old boy and a 9 mo old girl who I'm still breastfeeding. :)
  • emily_wilfong
    emily_wilfong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My little girl is 10 weeks old! I was just cleared for full workouts on Monday, so yesterday was my first day back in the gym. And I agree with constantly being hungry while breastfeeding. Being a stay at home mom is really hard when it comes to food because I just want to sit around and eat the house!
  • majeczkaa
    majeczkaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here ! My girl is 9 weeks old. It was so good during the pregnancy! Didn't have any cravings and ate heathy. Now, I'm hungry all the time and crave sweets. Need to loose at least 20 lbs and since I'm 34 years old taking off these kilograms gets harder.
  • kaylee_jayksen
    kaylee_jayksen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My little princess is 3.5 weeks old- add me (any of you who want to!) I'd love to have motivation and help motivate you.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    7 month old. 17pound to go
  • coristraw
    coristraw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 + 3 bonus kids and 4 grandkids. My youngest just turned 1 1/2. 8lbs to go
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2yo and am about to give birth to my second in nine days time - can't wait to start losing weight again and hopefully get to goal! I want to lose 15-20kg from where I am right now (39 weeks pregnant). I'll add you all now!
  • Jlv314
    Jlv314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New mom here! 7 month old girl, still nursing. I was nauseous and ate healthy for all 9 months, now appetite's back and breastfeeding so I'm hungrier and have gained :( I need to drop 40 asap. Considering weaning to help get my hormones back in check.
  • msdice
    msdice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Mom of a 6 week old. Hoping to start exercising this week. Being on maternity leave is challenging cause there is so much food in the house! Went to the store yesterday and got healthier food and cleared out the junk!
  • crissygxx
    crissygxx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congratulations, I am a new mum to a 12 week old and really struggling to find the motiviation! Started today and I am doing ok so far just need to get back into a routine!! I need to loose 30kgs :worried: Feel free to add me :)
  • krajoan
    krajoan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello.. i have a 10 weeks old son and breastfeeding. I will like to lose some weight but i dont know how to start.. i have being struggling with my weight and nutrition since an adolescent. Currently i am 211 when pregnant i was 215 so i had my baby and gain more weight. :(
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Can I join you ladies??
    My daughter is almost 18 months so she is far from new lol but I still have baby weight to lose!! 30+lbs of it
  • _wildflower_
    _wildflower_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. DD was born 3/28. I'm a long time MFP member and have been for almost 4 years. I lost 30 lbs 3 1/2 years ago but gained 40 lbs with my pregnancy. I have 20 to lost, have lost motivation, and am quite honestly sick to death of logging! How do I join? The app has changed since I've been active on here
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My baby was born 8 weeks ago I need to loose 30 pounds!
  • meganmurray217
    meganmurray217 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old and need to lose 20 pounds! Down 11 so far.
  • nikb1020
    nikb1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My youngest is 9 months old. My older one is 2.5. I didn't lose all my baby weight from the older one before getting pregnant again. Argh! I'm 34 and the last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I was a teenager so it fell right off. I have a long journey ahead but I really want to show my girls that health, exercise and self care are important.