Need a little advice...

Options
My calorie intake is set at 1200 and I try and stick with it. I seem to have trouble hitting my protein goal but I am usually over on carbs even if it's just from veggies or fruit etc. I could definitely be more active (walk a few days a week now). I have lost 24lbs since starting but I know I could lose another 10. I am frustrated that I've hit this plateau. Should I be eating more? Trying to get more protein? Please help me. TIA!!!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @tianabarfly that is awesome you have lost over 2/3's of your goal. How long did this take? If you eat more and do not gain then maybe you could be eating more. Getting in your protein and fats and coming up short on carbs helps some lose but it may not work for you. Best of success.
  • Stuugie
    Stuugie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @tianabarfly have you tried protein supplements?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to goal, smaller amounts of calories that seemed insignificant before begin to matter more. Lots of people find using a food scale to increase accuracy helps with this, others like to change their macros settings for more protein so they can feel fuller while consuming fewer calories. My strategy is to walk/run more, so I can maintain a buffer zone for inaccurate logging and still get about the same amount of food.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Further: "When did you start your diet program?" should really say "How long have you been failing to lose weight?" What matters is how long you've maintained your weight without a loss, because as stated before, its not a plateau unless it's been about a month and a half with no change.
  • tianabarfly
    tianabarfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started back in July 2014 but then stopped for about 6 months. Started again then stopped for about 4 months again (don't ask why because I can't give you an answer). This time I have been tracking since October every day. I have lost 11 lbs since October. My weight loss is veeeerrrryyyy slow but I am losing at least and not gaining it back. I have been jumping around from 148-150 since January and can't lose any more. I weigh myself once a week and add it to MFP. I have been going back and forth between 148-148.8 since Mar 18 so I definitely feel like I have hit a plateau. I mostly use a treadmill and track the calories burned which might be incorrect. I just don't understand why I have stopped losing when I know for a fact I could lose more. Thoughts?????
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you'd stayed 148-150 since January then you're eating at maintenance. As you lose weight your body uses less calories, so now it takes a bit more effort to have a calorie deficit. Meaning you may need to improve your logging accuracy. Do you now use a food scale for everything solid? If not its worth a try. Also be careful to use accurate entries in the database, and enter your own recipe rather than using someone else's as it may not compare nutritionally to what you're having.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    MFP should award free lipo to anyone down to their last 10 pounds. It's that last bit of tenacious lard that will cling to you despite your best efforts. You will need to take it up a notch or two to win this battle.
  • tianabarfly
    tianabarfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale every day. I guess I will just have to keep going and hope I see some results sooner or later. Thanks for all the tips!!