Should women do shrugs.

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never done shrugs. I seem to get enough trap development other exercises (deadlifts, face pulls, lateral raises.) Nothing crazy but enough to make me happy.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I've worked them back into my accessory stuff in the past couple of months. I've just been admiring my trap development :smile:
  • Choose2bYou
    Choose2bYou Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the shape shrugs gave to my shoulders/upper back.

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I did shrugs once, and it caused me to grow a penis.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've never really understood the mentality that somehow men's workouts are supposed to be different than women's because of a "look" you may or may not get.

We all have the same muscles, and functionally, they all have to be balanced to allow our entire body to be centered and prevent injuries. I know if I work my shoulders and don't focus on my lats and back, then my shoulders take on too much and end up strained, because they take on the load my back couldn't. So I focus on engaging my back muscles to help take the load so my shoulders don't end up with too much of an unbalanced load. It's nothing to do with a look, you simply have to keep your entire body engaged and balanced, or you're asking for an overuse injury down the road related to the group that you ignored.

Muscles grow because we ask them to do work. There really isn't a reason women should feel like they should look less "masculine", because all that means in the world of function is that your muscles aren't able to do work.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Pics or... nevermind.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

You may wish to avoid using public restrooms in North Carolina then...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do shrugs only when one of my friends is doing them near me- and I only do it to be a d*ck.

They shrug 225 or 275- and I get over there on the little shrug machine and shrug after them.

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fitness is unisex. Anything that works for a man works for a woman and vice versa.

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fitness is unisex. Anything that works for a man works for a woman and vice versa.