Quacker breakfast flats are these ok to eat when trying to lose weight

Are these ok to eat when trying to lose weight

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Any food is okay when trying to lose weight. Seriously. Think of the most unhealthy food you can. Say Cake. Or a donut. If you ate one slice of cake in a day, or one donut every day, you;d lose weight INSANELY quickly. You'd also get scurvy and die probably, so don't do that, but you catch my drift? All that matters for weight loss is eating fewer calories than you burn. It doesn't matter where those calories come from, donuts or broccoli, as long as you burn more than you ingest, you're good. To ensure you don't get scurvy and die, for the sake of your optimal health, a balanced diet with plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein is best, but carbs like the quaker flats have their place too. Carbs are a good form of FAST energy. So eating one of those will get you pumped for the day good and quick, but you might be hungry sooner in the mid morning if you don't pair them with a protein. Again though, there are no Bad foods for weight loss, only too many calories. Just don't go eating cardboard-tasting "health" foods that you'll only end up burning out on and relapsing. Eat what makes you happy, and do your best to stay nutritious, as long as you stay within your calorie goal.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited April 2016
    One serving (3 little bars) is 180 calories, 7 grams of fat, 38 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of protein.
    There are fine. I would want more protein -- like adding a few nuts.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Slices of smoked duck are great for breakfast
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    yarwell wrote: »

I've never had duck of any kind but we have a smoker, now I'm intrigued!
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    duck for breakfast.... now that is a thought :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    yarwell wrote: »

I see what you did there :p
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Any food is okay when trying to lose weight. Seriously. Think of the most unhealthy food you can. Say Cake. Or a donut. If you ate one slice of cake in a day, or one donut every day, you;d lose weight INSANELY quickly. You'd also get scurvy and die probably, so don't do that, but you catch my drift? All that matters for weight loss is eating fewer calories than you burn. It doesn't matter where those calories come from, donuts or broccoli, as long as you burn more than you ingest, you're good. To ensure you don't get scurvy and die, for the sake of your optimal health, a balanced diet with plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein is best, but carbs like the quaker flats have their place too. Carbs are a good form of FAST energy. So eating one of those will get you pumped for the day good and quick, but you might be hungry sooner in the mid morning if you don't pair them with a protein. Again though, there are no Bad foods for weight loss, only too many calories. Just don't go eating cardboard-tasting "health" foods that you'll only end up burning out on and relapsing. Eat what makes you happy, and do your best to stay nutritious, as long as you stay within your calorie goal.

Killed it.

/thread.
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Anything is ok as long as you stay within your calorie limit.