Nursing Moms?

Options
Are there any other nursing Moms? I'm 4 months postpartum and exclusively breastfeeding. I make an effort to eat the right foods for my baby boy and until recently had no luck with losing until I started spinning a month ago. I'm losing slowly but at least the scale is moving again. Any other Moms out there working to lose baby weight while adjusting caloric intake to support healthy breastmilk?

Replies

• steadygirl06
    steadygirl06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm currently breastfeeding my 4.5 month old.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm still nursing my eight month old; she does get some solids each day tho. I'm very close to prepregnancy weight range at this point (about 2 lbs away... I actually saw the upper end on the scale a few days ago). Exercise definitely helps! Keep spinning :). My last 5-10 lbs didn't want to move until I started working out regularly. If you're open to it, I'd suggest adding some weight lifting to your routine.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nursing mamma! 3 week old baby boy and I'm 5lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I walk between 1 and 5 miles daily and eat about 2000 calories a day. I drink over 120oz of water a day.
  • koshka423
    koshka423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! 2 month post partum. Exclusive nursing . I already lost my pregnancy weight (I was overweight before pregnancy and I gained only 12 lb). Working on losing more weight! I walk between 8000-14000 steps daily. I eat A LOT.

By the way, do you count breastfeeding as an "exercise "? How many calories do you allotted to it?
    PS. Sorry for mistakes. English is not my first language.
  • kcrkcs
    kcrkcs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just about 3mos PP. I got back down below pre preg weight around 2mos but am back up a little and holding pretty steady/losing a little. Having a hard time reducing calories to an amount where I am not super hungry. Just going to not stress about it a ton right now and wait until we can start some solids. Then at least I won't worry about tanking my supply while I am hungry. Also finding time to workout with baby and work is a joke. So again just not going to pressure myself too much at the moment. If someone has the secret to all of this though I am all ears.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm nursing my almost 12 week old. Losing the last few lbs very slowly, eating as much as I can.
  • princess_amira04
    princess_amira04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    koshka423 wrote: »
    Hello! 2 month post partum. Exclusive nursing . I already lost my pregnancy weight (I was overweight before pregnancy and I gained only 12 lb). Working on losing more weight! I walk between 8000-14000 steps daily. I eat A LOT.

By the way, do you count breastfeeding as an "exercise "? How many calories do you allotted to it?

Hi...NO you don't count breastfeeding as exercise but it is said you burn 300-500 calories a day breast feeding.
  • princess_amira04
    princess_amira04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Hi.. I'm nursing my almost 12 week old. Losing the last few lbs very slowly, eating as much as I can.

Any advice?
  • koshka423
    koshka423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    koshka423 wrote: »

Hi...NO you don't count breastfeeding as exercise but it is said you burn 300-500 calories a day breast feeding.

By "counting breastfeeding as an exercise " I meant I added a new cardio exercise "breastfeeding" with 400 calories so I can acount for that. My daily goal is 1700 cal NET (it means whatever I eat minus 400 cal for breastfeeding minus cal I burn when I walk). Although I my cal goal 1700, my average cal NET is 1800.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You certainly can add an exercise called "breastfeeding" to give you some extra calories. If you find your weight loss stops when doing that, you can always stop eating those calories back. Just keep in mind that once your baby starts eating solids (or if you start supplementing at any point) the calories burned from breastfeeding will drop and you will need to adjust your intake accordingly.
  • devencarolinehamilton
    Options
    Im nursing and my daughter was birn the 21st:) so one week today..i only gained 17 pounds but i still have a ton of swelling. She weighed almost 10#and ive only lost 5# lol