Any Crossfitters?

Options
2»

Replies

• 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Maybe Rich Froning'll just train me for free. I'd be okay with that, I guess.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

You can have Rich. I'll take @Keladelphia!!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Going on almost a year of doing CrossFit here. Love it. I'll never go back to my gym days of doing body splits, etc. I'd die of boredom.

Check out my profile and if you want to send me a FR go for it. Just include some type of comment or I'l likely forget you're a fellow CFer and decline the request (too many FRs with nothing in them at all - can't stand that).
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I crossfit. I have been absent for a while but I recently got back to it. My friend owns a box and I been with him since he opened so I just pay him a little whenever I can.

Love it man.

Shoot me a friend request if you want.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    chaney3000 wrote: »
    I crossfit. I have been absent for a while but I recently got back to it. My friend owns a box and I been with him since he opened so I just pay him a little whenever I can.

Love it man.

Shoot me a friend request if you want.

Sweet! I'll hit you up.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    Going on almost a year of doing CrossFit here. Love it. I'll never go back to my gym days of doing body splits, etc. I'd die of boredom.

Check out my profile and if you want to send me a FR go for it. Just include some type of comment or I'l likely forget you're a fellow CFer and decline the request (too many FRs with nothing in them at all - can't stand that).

Sent you a FR
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Awww me over Froning?!?! With that compliment i'd be happy to coach you for free too ha-ha
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options

Awww me over Froning?!?! With that compliment i'd be happy to coach you for free too ha-ha

Man, I'm digging myself all sorts of holes.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

It's a deal! . I'll return the favor by not crying during your programmed workouts. Oh. . and I'm an excellent masseuse . . .
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

It's a deal! . I'll return the favor by not crying during your programmed workouts. Oh. . and I'm an excellent masseuse . . .

Don't make any promises about crying since you'll likely be the one that needs the masseuse; i'm rather brutal lol
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

Don't make any promises about crying since you'll likely be the one that needs the masseuse; i'm rather brutal lol

This deal keeps getting better!. . I'll hire a masseuse and only cry when nobody is looking. . and I'll work on my double-unders. .I promise!
  • dbmeyers23
    dbmeyers23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did it for almost four years...I'm doing my own thing now. It has its positives...and negatives. Really depends on the programming, coaching and how the owner runs their business.
  • ElemFE
    ElemFE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was a CrossFitter for about 2 years, got injured and took (a lot of) time off. Recovery, it seems, gets more difficult when you're no longer 21. I've been back about a year, but I've been phoning it in. . .Need to get back to some badassery. Our gym has a focus on Strongman competitions and used to have an Oly class, both of which I love. I'm not so great at the Oly stuff, but do love to haul a yoke or a stone.
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options

I don't know why you're over here talking about money...you know i'll train you for free @_incogNEATo_ ;)

I get a crazy military discount! The do it for first responders too!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CrossFit off and on for about three or four years. Interrupted some for nursing school, moving, general life issues, but I've found that individual gyms have their own dynamics, and can be more or less welcoming, and I haven't fit into all the ones I've tried. Which didn't help the interruptions, let's be real..

I've found a niche with one after I moved and I enjoy their focus and dynamics, but I definitely miss the one I left.. I'm in the CrossFit workout mode more for the workout themselves and team dynamics than the kicking *kitten* and taking names competition part. I'm not super competitive, so for me, dynamics and interactions make a bigger difference than who can lift the most and who can rip their hands up the worst.