Cleanse

Options
I want to try a week long cleanse mostly to see if it makes me feel better. For those of you who've stuck to a week long cleanse or even longer, what did you do and what were the results? What are your suggestions when starting one?

Replies

• schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lmao, Yeah I guess that's one way of doing it. Not sure I'm ready for one.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    What, exactly, are you trying to make "feel better"?
  • schwenkler22
    Options
    How my insides feel:)
    Tea bea, have you done what you posted? Did you get results, what are they? I can Google all day long but i was hoping for feedback from someone whose done a cleanse themselves
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Tea bea, have you done what you posted? Did you get results, what are they? I can Google all day long but i was hoping for feedback from someone whose done a cleanse themselves

No, I've never done a cleanse. The website I posted was Web MD information on Cleanse Diets. The consensus is that cleanse diets at best do nothing, and at worst can be dangerous.

A 3 day - or 7 day diet is just a small blip on the radar for me. I need a long term solution, a long term change if I'm going to keep the weight off (this time).
  • schwenkler22
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

No, I've never done a cleanse. The website I posted was Web MD information on Cleanse Diets. The consensus is that cleanse diets at best do nothing, and at worst can be dangerous.

A 3 day - or 7 day diet is just a small blip on the radar for me. I need a long term solution, a long term change if I'm going to keep the weight off (this time).

Yeah i posted my comment before i even looked at the site. But for me, i have over 200lbs to lose so I'm not going anywhere soon, i just want to try different things while I'm at it to see how they work for me. Obviously it's smart to stick to cico, which i have found to be the best method for me personally, but i like changing things up simply because now i know i can. I know that i have control over what i put in my mouth and I'm not letting it control me any longer, therefore i want to try new things and push myself out of my comfort zone.even if its just a cleanse.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Yeah i posted my comment before i even looked at the site. But for me, i have over 200lbs to lose so I'm not going anywhere soon, i just want to try different things while I'm at it to see how they work for me. Obviously it's smart to stick to cico, which i have found to be the best method for me personally, but i like changing things up simply because now i know i can. I know that i have control over what i put in my mouth and I'm not letting it control me any longer, therefore i want to try new things and push myself out of my comfort zone.even if its just a cleanse.

Regardless of how much you weigh, some cleanses can be dangerous. Some are known to cause dehydration, others have caused electrolyte imbalances as well as other potentially dangerous side effects.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP-cleanses are a big fad right now. They are diarrea by another name. Do you like diarrea? You'll notice that the other "Yay cleansers" are new posters, while the ones that are against have been around awhile. Whose advice are you going to take? I get that you've got alot of weight to lose, but go about it the right and healthy way. Patience, patience....

PS: Also look up the thread "Obese to goal in a year" by Orphia. It can be done.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    It helps detox my body down to a cellular level and helps rid your body of stubborn fat
    No, that would be quite impossible. Your organs do all the "cleansing" that your body needs and a calorie deficit is the only thing that can rid your body of fat.

Think about it: How can a drink, that is treated by your body like any other food that goes in your mouth, "detox" anything? And down to a cellular level, even! How does that work, exactly?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I had a colonoscopy last month and I'm glad I only get those every 10 years. Not fun at all!!

I had my annual one this month too. Prep is noooooooooo fun
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    sighhhh another of these threads.

Our bodies cleanse very efficiently on their own.....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP read the links provided or search "cleanse" or "detox" and you will see hundreds of posts like this every week. The answer is always the same. You don't need to detox or cleanse. Your liver and kidneys do that for you. Partaking in one of these results in hours of unpleasant time in the bathroom. People often lose water weight, and take that as success, only to realize later after they are so miserable and give up that they gain it all back.

You said you know CICO works you just want to change things up. Why not try some new recipes for actual foods? Try a new type of workout to see if you enjoy it. These are ways to change things up that can be healthy, sustainable, and avoid you becoming intimately familiar with the peeling paint on your bathroom walls...
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options

If you can feel your insides you should probably seek medical attention.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I had a colonoscopy last month and I'm glad I only get those every 10 years. Not fun at all!!

I had my first ever last year. Thank god they're only every ten years. Yet there are people want to put themselves through this voluntarily?
  • schwenkler22
    Options
    Damn y'all, thanks for all the above opinions and other weird comments. :)

• schwenkler22
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP read the links provided or search "cleanse" or "detox" and you will see hundreds of posts like this every week. The answer is always the same. You don't need to detox or cleanse. Your liver and kidneys do that for you. Partaking in one of these results in hours of unpleasant time in the bathroom. People often lose water weight, and take that as success, only to realize later after they are so miserable and give up that they gain it all back.

You said you know CICO works you just want to change things up. Why not try some new recipes for actual foods? Try a new type of workout to see if you enjoy it. These are ways to change things up that can be healthy, sustainable, and avoid you becoming intimately familiar with the peeling paint on your bathroom walls...

Will do
  • schwenkler22
    Options

If you can feel your insides you should probably seek medical attention.

Lmao, oh trust me i do