Women, do you feel a change in weight during periods?

Options
My weight stops decreasing and even increases when im on my period, anyone else?

Replies

• sabaaa_rz
    sabaaa_rz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too, that's because of water retention as a result of progesterone high level before menstruation
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    it is so, so common. Happens to I'd say the majority of women. The only reason you're noticing it now is because you're aware of your weight now and trying to lose. But stay the course and it will drop again once your period ends (unless you binge out during this time!)
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Dealing with it right now. I was up 4 lbs this Monday suddenly. Got my period yesterday. Now it's finally started going down again. Still up 3 lb from normal!

Every month! Always goes down a few days after though!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Yup! I bloat up 3-4 lbs when I'm on!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    (And crave and eat aaaalllll the carbs!)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Its completely normal to gain a few pounds during TOM, its hormone related gain and temporary. The scale can be affected for around a week in my case.
  • DancingJester
    DancingJester Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah due to water retention. I can increase between 0 to 6lb from about 5 days up until 3 days after it starts. It's not been bad rrecently. Make sure you drink a lot of water to flush your system. I use these herbal water tablets for the week before and during my period. Think they work quite well.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Yep. A pound increase usually. And I do lose weight that week, but it doesn't show up until the TOM is over. I'll lose 3ish pounds instead of 1.5 the week after.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I gain during ovulation and the week before/week of my period. Normally about 1-2 pounds. I always lose it towards the tail end of my cycle. It's completely normal and nothing to freak out about.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Very common. My weight fluctuates up to 5lbs up during tom, it drops back down afterwards. The day before tom is also the only day I get sweet cravings. I know when tom is coming just based on that lol.
  • AryaG08
    AryaG08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up by 5pounds during ovulation, steadily drops to original weight and goes back up again a day before my period starts. Don't worry it's just water.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 6 lbs of water bloat this month. It started coming off on day 3.

For a few days my pants feel tight and nothing is comfortable, but it's pretty normal, and everything settles down again. Part of my problem is that I get salt cravings, and this month, I went crazy with the chips.