Gained weight

I just came back from a 5 day vacation and I gained about 4 pounds how do I get back on track again. I'm very angry with myself and frustrated.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    This^^ sodium intake will make you store water weight. A couple days and all will be good!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    I did the same thing on my recent vacation only it was 6lb in 4 days. We were eating junk but also hiking a lot. It was a combo of both in my case but after a week I did go back down to only 1lb above my pre vacation weight. It happens. The most important things are learn from it and move forward.
  • KeithWHowley
    KeithWHowley Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2016
    Don't feel so bad about 4 pounds. Weight always fluctuates. Just resume where you left off before your vacation and you'll be fine.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Sodium AND extra food will cause excess water retention.

I could get into details about how extra food causes significant water retention... but its NOT pretty... at all.

So, did you gain some fat? Probably. 4 pounds of pure fat? Highly unlikely.

Getting back into losing weight is simple... return to your behavior you engaged in before the vacation... provided you were losing then.
  • KeithWHowley
    KeithWHowley Posts: 7 Member
    You people are too much really. I know many of you would like to lose weight. Some struggle, others not so much, but to whine about gaining 4 lbs is a bit of a stretch. You guys take it to the extreme and are obsessed over it. It's mentally unhealthy if you ask me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You people are too much really. I know many of you would like to lose weight. Some struggle, others not so much, but to whine about gaining 4 lbs is a bit of a stretch. You guys take it to the extreme and are obsessed over it. It's mentally unhealthy if you ask me.

@KeithWHowley Who are you taking to when you say "you people"? Are you aiding the OP or wagging your finger?
  • Katiekate64
    Katiekate64 Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2016
    Why are you so mad at yourself???? It was a vacation, you are suppose to enjoy. Nothing wrong with enjoyment. Just get back on the program and that four lbs will come off , probably in a short timeframe. You know what you have to do to lose weight.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Don't be mad and don't feel like all is lost. So you bumped up on vacation. It was a vacation. Just get back on the wagon.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    you would have had to eat 14,000 calories above what MFP gives you to put on 4 pounds. not only is part of it water, but if you ate more, probably some of the extra bulk is still in your gut. just go back to eating normally and check in a couple days.