Options
meglo89
meglo89 Posts: 5 Member
anyone on here on a diet using Phentermine capsules

Replies

• hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started taking them. I'm on my second day!
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Many moons ago, I went to a diet doctor. He sat me down in a room to watch a video tape that explained how my weight problem was not my fault as it was a disease that could be mitigated by taking the wonder drug combination Fenfluramine and Phentermine. Then after the short video was over, he took me into his office, handed me two bottles and said something to the effect of "don't die" just take as recommended and sent me on my way. For four months I took them and lost a lot of weight. However, it was one of the most unhappy times of my life. I was constantly agitated, would easily anger and blamed it on the lack of food. After four months, I stopped taking the drugs and my mood stabilized. I kept the weight off for just a few more months then fell back into old habits and gained it back. I later found out that Fenfluramine can effect serotonin levels and that may have caused my reaction, but the combo was no good for me.
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Tried it for about 4 - 5 days but couldn't tolerate it. First night all jangled and little sleep (Which I expected to happen). But then instead of "Wiring me up" I had the exact opposite happen- Total fatigue and felt like crap. Didn't want to do anything (And certainly not exercise). So, stopped taking them. Took a few days for it to clear out of my system and for me to get back to normal. So no "Magic pills" for me.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It made my heart rate jump through the roof. about 110 bpm at rest!
  • Kristisullivan1
    Kristisullivan1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    capsules were too much for me. I had dr. prescribe the tablets, break in half and it is great at giving energy and appetite control.
  • jrbenji
    jrbenji Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will admit I loved the energy and loss of appetite that came with phentermine but as soon as I stopped taking it, I went back to my bad habits. I've taken them twice and lost a chunk of weight both times, only to regain the weight plus additional weight.
  • PhilTKE779
    PhilTKE779 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bscmcse wrote: »
    Many moons ago, I went to a diet doctor. He sat me down in a room to watch a video tape that explained how my weight problem was not my fault as it was a disease that could be mitigated by taking the wonder drug combination Fenfluramine and Phentermine. Then after the short video was over, he took me into his office, handed me two bottles and said something to the effect of "don't die" just take as recommended and sent me on my way. For four months I took them and lost a lot of weight. However, it was one of the most unhappy times of my life. I was constantly agitated, would easily anger and blamed it on the lack of food. After four months, I stopped taking the drugs and my mood stabilized. I kept the weight off for just a few more months then fell back into old habits and gained it back. I later found out that Fenfluramine can effect serotonin levels and that may have caused my reaction, but the combo was no good for me.

Yeaaaah.... there's a reason that Fen/Phen combination is no longer widely available. Bad bad stuff for your heart.

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I took it from november through February. It did cause a lot of sleep problems for me. I had to take the pill very early -5-6 AM to get enough sleep to survive, although middle of the night insomnia was a huge issue.
    HOWEVER---I did get a nice jump start. I started a good routine with exercise, I lost about 10 pounds a month. I then maintained that loss through March, but did not lose more. I am now starting to lose again....so it worked for me. I am probably going to do another 3 month run in the fall. I would not do more than that. I was a bit more irritable...and the sleep---rough.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    So, what is your long-term strategy? Do you intend to take Phentermine forever? How are you going to maintain any loss you have if you rely on Phentermine to drive it?
  • sana56kg
    sana56kg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me if u want :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing great so far. There is a phentermine users group here on MFP as well. I'm sending you a friend request!
  • mrsmtostado
    mrsmtostado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started taking it yesterday, my dr said one month on one month off, hopefully it helps me create new habits.
    today is only day 2 but not a huge difference, I am a little shaky, like I had a lot of coffee, and I do get full way faster. I thought it would stop be from getting hungry but it just makes me full faster.
    good know others are on the same track
  • Roeder1122
    Roeder1122 Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Took them years ago. Lost about 92lbs and I have gained about 15 of it back. Do NOT follow the 50 carbs a day or you will gain it back plus some! Make sure you eat lots of fiber or you will be so constipated that death is a happy place
    Feel free to add me