newbie wants to say hi :)

Options
hi everyone im jennah and im 19 years old. i dont know how it happened but i became lazy and piled on loads of weight. i now want to lose 70lb approx in about 7 months.

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    good luck on your journey - you can do it!!!!
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    welcome! we're all here for ya!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • DropITpj
    DropITpj Posts: 14
    Options
    that sounds like a tough ride but I'm sure you can do it as long as you find ways to stay motivated! -- good luck ! :)
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. That's a lot to lose in 7 months but don't be discouraged if you don't lose it that quickly. People lose at all different rates so you won't know for sure until you get going for a while. You will likely lose a lot in the beginning and then will slow down a bit. As long as you follow your calories, try and eat sensibly (lots of fruit and veggies) and get some excercise, you will keep getting lighter and your goal will become a reality. Oh and you'll be healthier too.
    You will also have thousands of people here rooting for you and available for support and tips.
    All the best in your journey!:glasses:
  • jennahlou91
    Options
    thanks everyone :) i will stay motivated i want my bikini body for my holiday of a lifetime :D just currently scouring the internet to try and put together a recipe book
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I am attempting to lose 70 pounds in an 8-10 month period, but give myself a year just in case
  • JeanneGreenie
    Options
    just currently scouring the internet to try and put together a recipe book

I cook a lot using the biggest loser cookbooks, let me know if you want some recipes and I can get them to you :happy:
  • jennahlou91
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I am attempting to lose 70 pounds in an 8-10 month period, but give myself a year just in case

well realisticaly i can allow a year. 7 months is just me trying to push that little bit harder. is the cookbook you use good? x
  • JeanneGreenie
    Options
    well realisticaly i can allow a year. 7 months is just me trying to push that little bit harder. is the cookbook you use good? x

Yeah it's pretty cool, I have most of them and use the family cookbook most, though I haven't tried anything in the desert cookbook yet! :smile: They list all the calories, protein, carbs, fat, choloesterol, fiber and sodium at the end of each recipe too.
  • jennahlou91
    Options
    ooh cool :) think i may have to invest