Need motivation ---- HELP

Options
Hi all fellow MFP'ers....

This is my first time on here..... so help me out...
I just want to vent......

I had the most stressed out week ever... my hubby is on chemo this past week :brokenheart:
has been really hard, and work is major stress too.. I know we ALL have our own problems
and issues.... BUT what I would like to know is how YOU amazing people :heart: stay focused and
keep positive..... I am open to ALL SUGGESTIONS and MOTIVATIONS.... Please, please
help me.....going down FAST....

Thanks for listening and that is the end of my pity party..:sad:

THank you all in advance :)

Replies

• Medcoder75
    Medcoder75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    one day at a time!!!!! that is all--- and dont beat your self up with guilt if you have a bad meal--- do beeter the next one! Keep your head up and you WILL make it through! (This too shall pass)
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I've had just a rediculously stressful week/day/hour whatever i try to write it all down. how i feel, what i felt triggered the stress, how i can fix the problem. just writing it down makes me feel like I am working towards fixing the stressor so that it doesn't trigger emotional eating. journaling is an amazing way to help prevent emotional eating. btw you are stronger then you realize!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Be' there' for your husband...jobs come and jobs go, so does weight loss and weight gain. love is eternal.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me to help with support... I am ALWAYS here!
    First let me say that I will keep you in my prayers.

As far as motivation goes, I found a quote that pretty much sums it up for me.
    " Motivation comes and goes, but commitment is forever"

I do not stay motivated, In fact, I fall of the food wagon on the daily basis... but I pick myself up and dust myself off... and keep moving forward. This is such a difficult journey for me, but that in itself will be my prize. I AM GOING TO WIN!!!! AND BETTER YET, SO ARE YOU!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    one day at a time-- and BABY Steps--so often we try to do to much . We think we can exercise an hour EVERY day and we will NEVER eat a bad meal or drink a soda pop or ????? IMPOSSIBLE so baby steps--just for today I will...... fill in the blank, just for today one less soda, just for today I will exercise a bit-whatever I can fit in--just for today I will not stress out over the fact that the machine in the hospital has crummy choices. You can do this. Take care
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Journaling....i have always wanted to do that but have no time.... you know....i am going to give it a try...thanks... and you know what people are always telling me that i am an amazing person and that i am such a strong person in how i am handling my hubb's illness and still working and trying to have a life.... but I really dont feel like one..

thanks for the journaling advice .... I am going to give it a try ..... :)
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Bless your heart, you have a lot on your plate. One thing that keeps me on track is to grab some fitness mags and cut out pics and motivational quotes. I post it in my bedroom where i see it every day. Channel your inner kindergartener and grab those siccors and paste! :)
  • letsgetserious
    Options
    Be' there' for your husband...jobs come and jobs go, so does weight loss and weight gain. love is eternal.

so very, very true... thanks!!! I know that I work in a hospital so I see what happens to so many sick people and
    families.... thanks...
  • bhandlos
    bhandlos Posts: 1
    Options
    to an extent.........you have to get selfish. I mean.....yes you have a lot of stress, and I wish you and your husband well. But, your health is important to him even as he fights for his life. the best thing you can do for you man is to put yourself in shape.

I have lost 28 lbs in five weeks by following a carb count of less than 250/day.

It is ok to cry.......but just for a while.......then......if you dont make real change......you are part of the problem.

god bless and good luck.

ps. you will be amazed at how great you feel after you get lighter............I am a new man and my wife loves it.
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    I thought what everyone said was awesome advice, and I used some for myself! This life can sometimes be a tough journey, but you're still here and you have another day to tell someone you love them and to love yourself. I found this quote and it speaks to me. Hope it does to you too. Have a healthy and happy day.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't - you're right.
    Henry Ford
  • letsgetserious
    Options
    to an extent.........you have to get selfish. I mean.....yes you have a lot of stress, and I wish you and your husband well. But, your health is important to him even as he fights for his life. the best thing you can do for you man is to put yourself in shape.

I have lost 28 lbs in five weeks by following a carb count of less than 250/day.

It is ok to cry.......but just for a while.......then......if you dont make real change......you are part of the problem.

god bless and good luck.

ps. you will be amazed at how great you feel after you get lighter............I am a new man and my wife loves it.
    Wow..talk about tough luv... Yes I have heard that before and that is a huge part of my problem is GUILT... I have joined a gym about 4 months ago.... and I do luv it... the weight has been coming off slowly but I do notice the changes and I truly believe that I would not be a so-called stronger person for him and my family if it was not for the gym.....BUT ... I FEEL SOOO GUILTY LEAVING HIM AND GOING TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME.... and i have a really, really hard time getting over this.. so lately I have not been going to the gym that often.... and man-o-man let me tell you I can notice the difference... hence my "pity party"
  • letsgetserious
    Options
    Please feel free to add me to help with support... I am ALWAYS here!
    First let me say that I will keep you in my prayers.

As far as motivation goes, I found a quote that pretty much sums it up for me.
    " Motivation comes and goes, but commitment is forever"

I do not stay motivated, In fact, I fall of the food wagon on the daily basis... but I pick myself up and dust myself off... and keep moving forward. This is such a difficult journey for me, but that in itself will be my prize. I AM GOING TO WIN!!!! AND BETTER YET, SO ARE YOU!

Thank you.... I need all the prayers that I can get :0
  • jett0206
    jett0206 Posts: 58
    Options
    I have two quotes that help me get through a lot of things, and they are:

1. "This too shall pass"
    No situation remains forever, there are only for a season

2. "It could always be worst"
    No matter how bad I thing a situation is I always remind myself that it could have been worst. Also I think about all the people
    who have situations 5 times worse than my own

My weight loss journey is a struggle but I know not to give up at least I only have 60 pounds to lose, what about the person who has more and have to lose it because of sever health issues. I am obese but of healthy still.

Enjoy you day no matter what it brings at least you are alive and in good health
  • jett0206
    Options
    I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone weight loss, you are doing great :flowerforyou:
  • jett0206
    Options
    I have two quotes that help me get through a lot of things, and they are:
    "This too shall pass"

No situation remains forever, there are only for a season
    "It could always be worst"

No matter how bad I thing a situation is I always remind myself that it could have been worst. Also I think about all the people
    who have situations 5 times worse than my own

My weight loss journey is a struggle but I know not to give up at least I only have 60 pounds to lose, what about the person who has more and have to lose it because of sever health issues. I am obese but of healthy still.
    Enjoy you day no matter what it brings at least you are alive and in good health
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi - Don't beat yourself up. You are dealing with a very stressful situation - just do the best you can, and if you find that you have more energy and are better able to cope when you are able to get to the gym, remind yourself of that and do it when you can. For me, what has been helping with everyday life is trying to plan ahead. I'll bring snacks of my own somewhere, or plan when I can get in my exercise (usually first thing in the morning before anyone else is up), or look up nutritional information online for a restaurant I am going to & decide in advance what to order. I also get on MFP early every morning & when I see everyone making the effort, it makes me want to do it too. Prayers to you & yours.