Jimmy Johns $1 subs today

Options
ReaderGirl3
ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Seeing this on a few news sites- for today, Thursday the 21st, 11am-3pm, for customer appreciation (double check your location before going ). $1 subs, looks like it includes the slims, #1-6 subs, plus the blt. And also the lettuce wrapped option too.

Just a heads up for anyone interested, I'm working one into my calories for today!

Replies

• kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Woot ... Woot! Thanks.
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    Woot ... Woot! Thanks.

I'm getting the #4 Turkey Tom, which is 510 calories :)
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Man, the closest one to me is 1/2 hour drive or I'd go.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Woot ... Woot! Thanks.

I'm getting the #4 Turkey Tom, which is 510 calories :)

That's my favorite too.

• ReaderGirl3
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

Bummer! This will be my first time going but there's a participating one 5 minutes from my house. Been meaning to try them for a while now so this is a good excuse to go :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Same here, plus it's near a college so they'll be insane
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    One more thing-one per person, per order, but the promo said you can go through the line as many time as you want. I'm going to see how busy they are and may do it a few times for my kid's school lunches tomorrow lol.
  • travisde9
    travisde9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for the info!
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    travisde9 wrote: »
    Wow thank you for the info!

No problem! I was checking local news this morning for weather and this was the lead story lol. Did some googling for more details and it's a national promo (double check your location before going in though ).
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Awesome, we have one a block away from work, walking distance. It is always packed for these events though so will have to go early!

Thanks!
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    In line now, outside and around the back of building, lines moving fast though :) I live in a college town and it looks like most of campus is here lol.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I sure do miss their beach club. I haven't eaten there in years though, since I found out the owner hunts endangered animals :(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There's one across the street from my building. I've never been. And today won't be my first day, since I ran into someone on the elevator around 11:30 who had intended to go for lunch not knowing about the special and happened upon a line that was halfway down the block, according to him.

I will be walking past it around 1:30, so will have to see what it looks like then.
  • ReaderGirl3
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    There's one across the street from my building. I've never been. And today won't be my first day, since I ran into someone on the elevator around 11:30 who had intended to go for lunch not knowing about the special and happened upon a line that was halfway down the block, according to him.

I will be walking past it around 1:30, so will have to see what it looks like then.

I was in and out in 30 minutes, so not too bad :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There is one in my building, downtown of a major city & the line has been around the block, all day long
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't get JJ. I have never been, but a driver came to our building a few months ago handing out samples, so I took one. It was probably one of the most forgettable sandwiches I have ever eaten had it not been from JJs and I was curious about the hype. Glad I got to try it for free because I would have been annoyed if that was what I paid good money for.
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I don't get JJ. I have never been, but a driver came to our building a few months ago handing out samples, so I took one. It was probably one of the most forgettable sandwiches I have ever eaten had it not been from JJs and I was curious about the hype. Glad I got to try it for free because I would have been annoyed if that was what I paid good money for.

This was my first time going and it reminded me of a sandwich you'd get at a high school graduation open house lol. It's wasn't bad, especially for a dollar, but I agree-it was very forgettable. I'll definitely go again if they offer this promotion, but otherwise I'll stick with Subway :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I went by at 2:30, actually. Line still went out of the restaurant and halfway down the block. So funny.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Same here, plus it's near a college so they'll be insane

They were INSANE. Line out the door (at a college campus)
  • Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

That was my families reaction to it. It was very meh for a sandwich, and we were annoyed that we did pay full price for it. Even my seven year old son asked that we never go there again :lol:

Just can't see what all the hype is for the place.