Start...stop...start...stop

Options
i seriously need to be able to start tracking my calories and keep with it... on and off for about 8 months... i track for a week or two..then stop...if i'd stick with it i know i'd learn something and see some success...any tricks from anyone? i want to do it, but some slacker little side of me says, "oh- you don't need to"... but the 70 excess lbs i see say to me.."lose us!"

Replies

• casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    I have a nasty habit of doing the exact same thing. This time I'm starting off by not counting calories. I've decided to pick a couple of the bad habits that I know make a huge impact on my daily calorie intake and focus on swapping them out of my diet. So no more sugary soft drink and juice, and only water and pepsi max. No more choc milk and biscuits for breakfast, up and go or oatmeal depending on how much time I have. I think that by starting small I am more likely to stick with it than by trying to change EVERYTHING at once.

Good Luck =)
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    the app on my phone! if i eat it i add it! right away. usually right before i eat what ever i've decided sounds good.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    jujubean1992 -- I wish I could LIKE your comment :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    At first, it really, truly is sooooo hard to get started. I've been there myself, we all have.
    Push past it. Once you hit 3-4 weeks of getting used to logging, it's routine.

Just get in the habit of doing SOMETHING physical every day. Before you know it, you will feel restless and bored when you DONT do something.

One thing I did that helps is set MFP as my default browser page. Then when I open the browser POP its right there.

Push through the beginning, it's all downhill from there!
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    The app is definatley fantastic, I find it gives me no excuses to not log, and I can check calories on the go!
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    bump