Carrying calories over?

Options
Is it possible for me to save up as many calories today as possible and carry them over for my.allowance tomorrow? I have a wedding tmoro but I know there is no way I can keep tabs on all cals consumed at a wedding as I have no control on portions etc. Had anyone ever tried this before? If I starve myself for some of today for this purpose will it be ok?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can do whatever you want....you are an adult.

that being said I often look at weekly totals not daily.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    of course.... I know I save up calories during the week for the weekends :smiley:
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    of course.... I know I save up calories during the week for the weekends :smiley:

Hell yeah! There's a pizza and a bottle of wine in the fridge with my name on it for tonight.
  • ciaraderry311
    ciaraderry311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks guys, and yes I am an adult lol but an overweight one who doesn't want to fluff this up so just seeking outside advice ;-)
  • chez045
    chez045 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking what I was thinking :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Yep, perfectly acceptable - In fact, often a pretty sensible strategy.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So essentially you're asking should you starve yourself today in order to eat a lot tomorrow? ... Sure, if it works for you. Some people have diets set up where they fast a day or two (or eat an extremely low amount on those days) every week.

I, however, struggle with the opposite. I'd probably be doing well and sticking to my diet up until the wedding day, eat 3 million calories during the day, and then try to "fast" the next day because I feel guilty... Which only leads to over eating again.

Don't be like me :smile: I think your plan will work.
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for me to save up as many calories today as possible and carry them over for my.allowance tomorrow? I have a wedding tmoro but I know there is no way I can keep tabs on all cals consumed at a wedding as I have no control on portions etc. Had anyone ever tried this before? If I starve myself for some of today for this purpose will it be ok?

In the future I would recommend looking farther than one day out from the event. Eating nothing today and binging tomorrow could start a bad cycle. So next time maybe a couple hundred less calories a day for the week leading up to the event.
    Either way enjoy yourself. Try not to stress too much about your eating, don't punish yourself for indulging. One day over isn't going to ruin anything, worst case scenario it takes you an extra day or two to reach your ultimate goal. You are unlikely to eat over you maintenance by a significant amount.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can use the nutrition report to see where your calorie level is for the week. Just be sensible, as @evildeadedd mentioned, you don't want to get into a bad cycle.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    tbh it doesnt work that way, but one day of overeating wont kill you, on contrary it can make u stronger physically and psychically
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Budjola wrote: »
    tbh it doesnt work that way, but one day of overeating wont kill you, on contrary it can make u stronger physically and psychically

Your statement confuses me. You say it doesn't work that way, how so? Are you suggesting if my goal is 2000 calories, and I eat 1000 today and 3000 tomorrow, that is somehow different than eating 2000 both days?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    This doesn't work for me, but it works for lots of people.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you want to not eat much today so you can eat more tomorrow, go for it. But really, eating normally today and going over calories tomorrow and then over calories the next day isn't going to kill you. It's not going to hurt your progress. It's one day of going a bit over. It's life happening.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    then normally the next day*