hrm

Options
I want to buy an hrm today. However I dont have a lot to spend on one. Does anyone have some tips on which one to buy?

Replies

• alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want it for. If you want it mainly for gym work , classes etc then the Polar FT7 that I have is great. I, however wanted one for running outside and this version does not have GPS so although it is great for cals burned and time it does not record distance.............live and learn!!
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    I really just want one for cals burned. I do workout dvds and my elliptical at home.
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    Mine counts down your calories for you. It starts at 3500 calories (which is the amount of calories you need to burn to lose a lb) and counts down. It's a strapless monitor which I like better. I tried the ones with straps and it just didn't work for me. I have the Mio monitor. I got mine off of amazon for less than $50. It may not be the best monitor or track my runs but it tells me how many calories I burn and that's good enough for me. Here is the link to the exact one I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Mio-Special-Petite-Womens-Monitor/dp/B0031YIQX0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1309111129&sr=8-8