i hate weekends

Options
No not really, it's the only time to spend time with our daughter and my husband.
But for loosing weight, weekends are horrorble for me. We often have a lot for breakfast, having bbq in the evening... So all the weight I'm loosing during the week, I'm gaining again at the weekend.

Is it the same for you?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's all about giving yourself healthy options even on the weekend. You don't want to ruin everything you did all week.
  • Tohealth828
    Tohealth828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyone I talk to that is trying to lose weight has this same struggle!!!! I have no advice just sympathize! haha!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    No need to deny yourself a good BBQ! Just practice portion control. Add lots of fresh fruit, veggies and salad as side dishes. That way you can load up your plate with good stuff. If you still have a little bit of room left, enjoy some BBQ. :)
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I hate weekend as we as a family have three meals together instead of the just dinner in the evenings . I am so busy with the gym and the kids I do not think of food during the weekdays but when off and preparing all the meals I get so tempted to eat more. I am not looking forward for the summer break next week!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah weekends really mess up my routine plus theres social temptation EVERYWHERE!

Even after i'd finished my log yesterday I got a text message inviting me out, I just couldn't say no.

Only had 1 beer and 3 lemonades....which is very good for me.
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.
    William Shakespeare

This weekend my family had a party at Petter Pipper Pizza. Ugh! Oh and did I mention I love pizza? Well when it was all said and done I had only one slice and one chicken wing and a couple sips of a glass of beer. I didn't know I had it in me! It felt so great to win back that power over myself.
    P.S. I ate something healthier before I went and that helped alot!
    Louisa
  • lcjwilson34
    lcjwilson34 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! man i hope i look that good at that age!! congrats
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    No not really, it's the only time to spend time with our daughter and my husband.
    But for loosing weight, weekends are horrorble for me. We often have a lot for breakfast, having bbq in the evening... So all the weight I'm loosing during the week, I'm gaining again at the weekend.

Is it the same for you?

YES! But you are aware of it, and that is the first step to changing it.

I like the idea of changing the breakfasts and BBQs to feature healthy things. Breakfast is easy-- swap out crazy calorie heavy things like french toast with lighter versions (use skim or almond milk, egg whites, no oil or butter), make eggs with all egg whites or mostly eggwhites and an egg yolk or two, omlettes with veggies instead of fatty meats, serve a lot of fruit or fruit salad, try meatless products like Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Meatless Crumbles or break up a veggie burger patty or two, they also have "sausage" links and "bacon."

For the BBQ, A portabello mushroom cap has a lot of yummy flavor and texture like meat. Grilling fruit and something lighter like chicken or shrimp on kabobs could be an easy way to cut out some cals and eat healthier. If you get your family on board eating better, things will become easier. Try jello with fruit for desserts or make teeny versions of cakes or brownies so you can practice good portion control.

Good luck, and enjoy the time with family and try not to worry so much. :)
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    thanks all for the comments. I have to be stronger with the portion control and eat more veggies :-)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I really had this problem when I first started this. The further I get into it, the better my portion control and habits have become.

Definitely try to plan ahead, so you know the approximate counts of what you think you will be eating. Try to remember that the weekend itself is your treat, not what you eat during it. And also remember that your calorie goals are set for a loss, so if you go over a bit it shouldn't affect you too much (in terms of a real gain, at least).

I think it does get a little easier as you start to retrain your body to eat what a portion actually is, and to not overeat too much. Good luck!