I'm so angry I could cry!

Options
1 month of 2-a-days (usually just an hour of c25kin or incline training), yoga, and a new personal trainer and all I can finish the month saying is that I've lost 2lbs and 13.5 inches?????????? Don't get me wrong, 3 inches in my waist, 2 inches in EACH thigh, and my boobs are still D's - yes... all in all I'm pretty happy - until I think about that number on the scale and how it just doesn't move! Can someone tell me when this weight will come off?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take your time it will come off if you are eating right and exercising. It took time to put it on and it will take time to take it off.
  • ChristinePolcari
    ChristinePolcari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about the number on the scale...use the tape measure and how things are fitting you...
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just take your time. I just finished 30 day shred and have been eating heathier for almost 2 months and I've only lost about 6 pounds. BUT I lost almost 10 inches... don't forget that you retain water when working with weights. Just take it slow and you WILL see results. Good luck!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    the weight is coming off. but you are replacing it with muscle. don't worry about the number on the scale. look at the number the tape measurements are what are AMAZING! the wait will start coming off soon enough. be proud of the sizes dropping!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the scale says - you lost 13.5 inches!!!!!!!!!!!! Throw the scale out the window and focus on what's really important. Your health and your size :-) Be happy - that is AWESOME!!

That said - I totally understand ... I live by the scale too. But I would be much happier to see the inches go than the scale drop.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You'll get there. Sometimes progress is slow. Sometimes I lose a pound a week, sometimes a pound a month. As long as I'm going in the right direction, I try not to focus too much on the scale, and more on how I feel and how my clothes fit.
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are gaining muscle and losing fat - that's a good thing. Nobody sees the number on the scale but you. The inches lost are what the world sees -- and that's a LOT of inches in one month. I would kill for that kind of progress in one month - enjoy it!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It is coming off. Losing that many inches is way better than just having the number on the scale go down. You must have added some muscle to your body. I lost 20lbs and didn't lose that many inches so it just goes to show the number on the scale isn't near as important as that measuring tape. You are doing it, it just maybe need to look at it differently.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Rejoice in the fact that you're losing inches. Fat loss is much more important than weight loss. You are likely building muscle, so the scale is going to move slowly. But that's a good thing. It means every pound you lose is a pound of fat, not just water and muscle. People who drop weight quickly are often losing the good (water, muscle) along with some of the bad (fat). You, on the other hand, are retaining your muscle while losing fat. I'm betting those 2 lbs actually LOOK like 10 lbs or more.
  • sduncks
    sduncks Posts: 3
    Options
    One thing i noticed for me is that if you are not really strict about measuring exact amounts its very easy to underestimate how many calories you are actually consuming. I have been on here for about a couple months now with almost steady tracking but its wasn't until 2 weeks ago that i started losing and that was because i was measuring exact amounts.

Keep at it, its seems hard but it will pay off in the end!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    time to be really strict about your food, do not eat back your exercise calories and get as big a calorie deficit as possible. eat clean as much as possible, no processed food, no "white" food (white bread, white rice, sugar, pasta etc). Be really honest and fine tune your eating. ask your trainer for help. and just keep going. if you stay disciplined the plateau will end and you will lose weight. but you have to be committed 24/7 to eating the right thing. no more cheat days. (if htat is the case, i don't know of course). I have tiny cheat moments rather than days. yesterday to reward myself for not quitting my bootcamp class when i wanted to i had a light frappucino. 130 cals which i can absorb since i never eat back my exercise calories. too much sugar but sometimes you just gotta. But yeah, time to be really strict and 100% committed. let your anger drive you forward, not set you back.
  • Tfortier3
    Tfortier3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I did Herbal Magic and I saw no real weight loss for a couple months. But the inches made a difference and I saw it the most in my clothes. Don't be upset about the weight. Remember that muscle weights more than fat so by working out and toning up the scale is not your best friend, the measuring tape is. Good luck and reward yourself with a manicure or medicure.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    13.5 inches is a huge accomplishment! That to me shows more progress than a few lbs. Keep on keeping on and you will see that number decrease. I strongly encourage you to search the forums and read about this subject; you'll be surprised at what you find! :wink: CONGRATS on your accomplishment you should be very proud!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Give the scale a big EFF you! Who cares what it says. 13.5 inches is AWESOME! Give yourself a pat on the back because you have rocked it - all that matters is your body - how it looks how it feels - not the number on the stupid - yes I said stupid scale. It is stupid b/c it doesn't know if what it is weighing is muscle, water, or fat. But your mirror knows - you see your waist, hips, legs getting smaller- the scale doesn't know a pile of dirt from a pile of diamonds. So be proud of yourself for what you have done!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    1 month of 2-a-days (usually just an hour of c25kin or incline training), yoga, and a new personal trainer and all I can finish the month saying is that I've lost 2lbs and 13.5 inches?????????? Don't get me wrong, 3 inches in my waist, 2 inches in EACH thigh, and my boobs are still D's - yes... all in all I'm pretty happy - until I think about that number on the scale and how it just doesn't move! Can someone tell me when this weight will come off?

If you are losing inches you are losing fat. Don't get so focused on the scale. In the last while I have lost little weight, but still have lost inches. Now I am close to the end of my journey, but when it comes down to it the scale lies. If you are retaining some water which happens for many different reasons, the scale will read higher. How regular you are will effect the reading on the scale. Even time of day. I would suggest you focus more on your measurements as the scale will follow eventually. You are doing great, keep at it.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    13.5 inches is amazing! scales can be mean but dont dewell on it. Its the inches that count. And by the way, I lost 109lbs and I still take a DD bra.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    13.5 inches?????????????????? You should be crying tears of joy. That's a LOT of inches. Who cares about a number on a scale. Worry about the number on the tag inside your clothes. Which is certainly getting smaller.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the scale says - you lost 13.5 inches!!!!!!!!!!!! Throw the scale out the window and focus on what's really important. Your health and your size :-) Be happy - that is AWESOME!!

That said - I totally understand ... I live by the scale too. But I would be much happier to see the inches go than the scale drop.

^^^^^
    I totally agree with this.

Your progress has been amazing. It's being smaller and healthier that counts as far as I'm concerned. When you walk down the street no one can see how much you weigh but they can see how small you are and how fab you look. Pleeeeeease free yourself from the scale. It may also help to measure your body fat. I am certain, with those wonderful results that your BF percentage has gone down.

Again, well done for such amazing progress.
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    wow! I should have read this thread . I just posted nearly the same question. I've lost about 13 inches doing the Shred and other exercise. but I haven't seen my scale go down either. maybe these folks are all right...I should toss my scale and keep my measuring tape. I think as women we are brain washed to view the scale number as a number of our worth. thanks all for your great replies...I will keep on what I'm doing and try to be patient