Newbie Saying Hello!

Options
I've been hearing nothing but positive comments about this site so I decided to give it a shot. What do I have to lose (but weight)? I've been struggling with my weight since I can remember and I am extremely uncomfortable with this extra baby weight that I have 1 1/2 years AFTER the birth of my son. I've lost 5 lbs already and that may not be much to many but I'm EXTREMELY proud of it. Hopefully with MFP and the support of it's members we can together reach our weight loss goals!

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Every pound lost is a victory, so don't say that 5 isnt much! You have to get to 5 before you can get to 10! Glad you came here, you'll meet some great supportive people. Good luck on your journey. Friend request sent.
  • hoosha61
    hoosha61 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. MFP is an easy and fun way to loose weight. Everyone is encouraging and supportive. Good luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is great site.
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me
  • mrsclc
    mrsclc Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love MFP & I'm sure you will too! :smile:
  • julyheart
    julyheart Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been using my fitness pal for five weeks and I LOVE it. I am a 44 year old female and i need female friends to keep me accountable. Please add me as a friend if you're interested.
    Thanks,
    Reesa
  • ItsPorsha
    ItsPorsha Posts: 6
    Options
    Omg! Thank you all so much! Not only do I like MFP but the people here are amazing as well! It feels so crazy to have so much support from strangers when I hardly have it from the people closest to me. Again, thank you all and if I can offer any support to anyone, to chat or just to listen I AM HERE!! Feel free to add me as a friend!:flowerforyou:
  • slimdownwj
    slimdownwj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • pteach
    pteach Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello. Just returned from a week at the beach and I brought back 5 extra pounds. Now, instead of the extra 25 lbs. I'm carrying around, I have 30 extra!

Decided to start recording my food only. Cold turkey, fasts, carb detoxing and intense exercise has not worked fro me in the past. Maybe being kind, gentle and consistent is the way to go this time.

Encouragement requested -- PLEASE. Has anyone recently begun? Motivation is needed.
  • pteach
    pteach Posts: 9
    Options
    Ok -- let's be friends! I can use all the encouragement I can get and you sound so upbeat and on task!
    :happy:
  • sarjoy
    sarjoy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just recently joined MFP and am in need of some motivation! One of my biggest problems is that half the time I eat when I am not even hungry. Like when its dinner time at home, I just go ahead and eat with the family. Would really like to lose about 40 pounds!
  • ItsPorsha
    Options
    @pteach Well friends it is! I am very upbeat and love motivating as well as receiving it because I'm not always as "on task" as I should be. The donut I had for breakfast wasn't my best choice. But like you said in the first post, cold turkey is not the key. I know my major problem is indulging in sweets but if I were to go cold turkey I would eventually binge. We're human and we can only do this the best way we can, one day at a time!
  • MissRed48
    MissRed48 Posts: 3
    Options
    5 lbs! That is awesome :flowerforyou: (clap)
    I also just started on the site and this is quite a journey we are on but the rewards are huge and you are worth it to do the work. Keep it up!
  • ItsPorsha
    Options
    @sarjoy I also eat when I'm not hungry. I think it becomes a habit. Something I did before that helped was wearing a braclet. IT WAS NOT A BRACELET REPRESENTING AN EATING DISORDER. It was something I made myself with beads I got from Walmart and it reminded me to think of why I was eating what I was about to eat: Was I really hungry? Was it emotional? I'd drink some water first and usually the feeling had passed.
    Actually, writing about it is making me want to make another one!

@MissRed48 Thank you! You keep it up as well!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! i joined mfp is jan and lost the last 20lbs of my baby weight! my 'baby' was 2 in jan and enough was enough! so 2 days later i joined mfp and here i am! mfp works, stick to it and that baby weight will be off in no time at all! good luck