Now it gets easier

Options
Weather is finally up to above 20 C !

Does anyone else find that their appetite decreases when the weather gets warm?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes and my energy increases as well.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My appetite doesn't decrease but when the weather gets warm I want to be outside so that usually makes me more active. My son and I went on a 6 mile bike ride around town a few days ago just because it was so nice outside that we didn't want to be stuck inside!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, and all I wanna do is mess around outside.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    no. Here in Arizona it's getting be time to stay inside. We are already reaching temps around 100 degrees. We don't go outside unless the sun is down or we're sitting in a pool with lots of sunblock on. Come October I'll be outside hiking and walking.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel like eating less when it is warmer out and I do less sitting around. Fortunately we had a fairly mild winter here in Tennessee this year so I spent most of my Saturdays and Sundays in January and February riding my bike outside.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Weather is finally up to above 20 C !

Does anyone else find that their appetite decreases when the weather gets warm?

Not really...I find that when the weather gets nicer I'm out and about more and doing stuff so I'm less likely to just munch on crap because I'm sitting around in the house bored. This is also BBQ and pool party season and this kind of weather also makes me want to go sit on my patio and drink beer and smoke cigars. But I am way more active when the weather is nicer so it all kind of evens out...I usually drop a little weight in the summer even though I'm not trying to just because I'm so much more active both in terms of getting out on my bike more as well as just being out doing stuff like hitting the zoo for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon vs. the movie theater in the winter.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    hm. I usually get way less hungry... I've been 50-100 under goal for the last few days and haven't felt hungry at all. All winter I've been starving.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Sadly not for me. In Minnesota it's patio season, which means lots of social events and booze situations.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm not less hungry but with all the fresh, beautiful produce this time of year I certainly eat better.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hm. I have always found it easier to lose weight in the summer because i just don't feel like overeating. Here it is nine o clock at night and i still have 700 odd calories left! Not Hungry.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of those cases where people differ. I dislike the heat, and don't thrive in it. IMy appetite is the same, but I don't feel like doing anything when it's hot. When I'm not doing anything, I may have more impulse to snack out of habit or boredom. It would be easy to gain. (I make myself keep doing things, and avoid the snacking, so this won't happen - but I have to work at it.)
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hm. I usually get way less hungry... I've been 50-100 under goal for the last few days and haven't felt hungry at all. All winter I've been starving.

You and me both. My appetite tanks in the summer. When it's so hot in the house that I have to peel my shirt off of my skin the only things that sound good are cottage cheese, Popsicle and watermelon. Thankfully that's still a few months away.