Silly question

Options
charelaine
charelaine Posts: 712 Member
I am new (again) to this. I am logging and will use a food scale. But what about marinade? My husband froze some marinated meat and I can weigh that but how do I account for the marinade?

Replies

• marcyaustin1
    marcyaustin1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't usually count calories for the marinade. If it's just a small amount wouldn't worry about it
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    what's in the marinade?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I put the marinade recipe in MFP and add 2-3 Tbl. to my dish (depending upon the size of the meat). Marinade with a high oil or high sugar content will have some calories.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would do what TeaBea suggests.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    marinade is tricky. I usually default to the calories for oil. 120 calories per tablespoon. I'm not real scientific but I figure the whole marinade can't be more calorific than oil and I'd rather over estimate than under estimate.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    marinade is tricky. I usually default to the calories for oil. 120 calories per tablespoon. I'm not real scientific but I figure the whole marinade can't be more calorific than oil and I'd rather over estimate than under estimate.

This
  • sana56kg
    sana56kg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Am a new person here and I wanna to lose a weight help me if u want add me :)
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's in the marinade. He always just adds assorted stuff and makes them up. I am sure he can tell me some ingredients but I have no idea how to be accurate about what or how much was used or about how much one portion would be. I thank you guys for the tips. I will try these and from now on he will know better lol.