working out

Options
ok everyone,i am trying to get out and walk as much as i can,but the weight is not coming off! I am walking pushing a stroller with a 30 lb child. what are your thoughts? do you have the same issue?

Replies

• sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    What does your food intake look like? Feel free to message it to me if you like.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Maybe its what you are eating or maybe you arent eating enough?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and what was logged was processed stuff high in sodium (mcdonalds burger, chips and sloppy joes), I would look at the quality of the foods you are eating and be more vigilant in logging foods and see if your intake is enough. See if you spot any trends on your eating habits
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water and 5 servings of fruits and veggies? Stay away from processed foods, watch your sodium and lower your carbs. Try not to eat to many after 3 or so and eat lean protein and veggies for dinner. I Joined a gym in october and went 5 days a week for 6 months and never lost a pound! I didn't realize how much i was eating, especially carbs and sodium! really watch your portions, it adds up quick
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just walking as a form of exercise is enough to lose weight. It's just a matter of controlling the types of food you are consuming. Look to what you are eating, what it is and how much... the answer lies there. You can't just do "okay" once in a while with your food. You have to be "good" at it every day if you want to see progress. Once you get a handle on a healthy diet, then add cheat meals to keep you on track.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I would also have you add Sodium and Sugar to your nutrients tracked in your food diary. Then log everything you eat or drink for a week. That's the only way to get a clear picture of what is going on with your intake.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Walking is my exercise of choice. I started out at only being able to do 10 min. Now, I walk an hour (2+miles)everyday at lunch and 2 hrs(6miles) on Saturday. I do a bit of other things. But walking is what has done it for me. Of couse, I have a heck of a lot more weight to lose than you. Good luck.:happy:
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    This has happened to me before. I was eating the correct amount of calories, but eating bad food. Although my calorie intake was 1400, I was eating 1400 calories of burger king, ramen noodles, and soda :noway: I then increased the amount of water I was drinking and promised to workout for at least 30 minutes in the beginning (now 1 hour). I also cut out all the fast food places and only eat out on occassions. If my family wants something from a fast food place, I make sure I go to either Subway or I would eat what was in the house. I tracked everything twice. I have MFP and I have a journal to make sure I don't over eat or forget to log something.

Walking is awesome....I walk 3 miles on my treadmill when I dont feel like going outside, but the weekends I walk 5+ miles to keep me on track. I wish you success on your weightloss journey :flowerforyou: , But stick in there and try not to worry so much!
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    you are right,i do eat alot of bad stuff! I dont know why,i like fruit when i eat it,and it is always in my house,but i just always want the high carb processed stuff,or the sweets! Wow you are doing well with your journey way to go!! I shall try harder and try getting food that is better for me.
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    I looked at your diary and what was logged was processed stuff high in sodium (mcdonalds burger, chips and sloppy joes), I would look at the quality of the foods you are eating and be more vigilant in logging foods and see if your intake is enough. See if you spot any trends on your eating habits
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    you have all made me realize that i am eating bad foods. I know what i need to do now,i just wish i liked healthier food! I dont like fish,and i dont like some veggies. I like corn green beans and potatoes and cooked carrots and that is about it! i have never had asparagus,guess i should give it a try. thanks everyone :bigsmile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    you are right,i do eat alot of bad stuff! I dont know why,i like fruit when i eat it,and it is always in my house,but i just always want the high carb processed stuff,or the sweets! Wow you are doing well with your journey way to go!! I shall try harder and try getting food that is better for me.

Its a change, and also keep in mind, kids learn how to eat from their parents so making positive changes can help your kids down the road. My wife and I (both on here) are starting to make positive changes eating more fresher foods and less processed stuff. You can do it, just takes time and a little research on what you can find what you like and make it better.
    I do a lot of that, find things I like to eat and "lighten" them up and make them homemade or better for you.
  • deborahbannister
    Options
    I'm no expert at this but here are some tips for enjoying healthy food. Salads are great but just be careful what you put on them. Try to make salads with mixed greens, add a little spinach, romaine, green leaf, etc instead of iceburg lettuce. Try adding some nuts for some crunch! Use vinaigrette dressing or italian. Those are usually the lowest in calories and fat. I found at wal mart a great honey mustard dressing although it's more kind of like a honey mustard vinaigrette. It's Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard dressing. It's really good! You can add any veggies you like on there. I usually do tomato, maybe bell pepper, onion, carrots, and/ or cucumbers. Try to stay away from the croutons and if you need cheese use it sparingly.

For other foods beside salad, grill your meats. Try to avoid red meats. Try to omit meat if you can (such as with spaghetti) or you can add ground turkey instead of beef. I've found some great ground turkey at the store that comes in different flavors. One is italian style (which goes great with pasta) and theres one that has taco seasoning.

Cut back the bread intake! Use whole wheat whenever possible. I've switched to whole wheat with my breads and pasta.

Good side dishes could be grilled or steamed veggies (squash, zucchini, peppers, onions , broccoli etc), brown rice, cup of soup (watch for sodium),

If you have a sweet tooth I've found some GREAT ice cream treats. Weight watchers has ice cream candy bars that are really good and only 150 calories! they also have Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bars at 110 calories!

If you are craving the salty stuff, maybe choose crackers instead of chips or get baked chips. ONLY EAT WHAT THE SERVING SIZE is!

Most of this is just control. Control what you eat. When you start feeling full stop! You'll be able to eat again in a few hours! :P