Starting Again

Options
So I tried MFP about two years ago and lost about a stone and a half. However life got on top of me and I'm a comfort eater it all went back on.

I'm 22 years old from the UK and work full time as an NHS Paramedic. I go to a lot of patients who have ill health because of their weight and I've decided I don't want to be that person anymore. I've always been big since middle school, I was a fussy eater and as much as my parents tried I didn't eat healthily.

I'm ashamed of my weight, it effects my daily life and my relationship because I'm not as confident or outgoing as I would like to be.

I'm back on MFP and coming to the end of week two (hurrah) and on last weeks weigh in I had lost 3lb. I'm determined to keep going and look forward at sharing motivation for others at the same time as finding my own motivation! So hello!

Replies

• Peppermintbuttler
    Peppermintbuttler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've just been back myself! Let's motivate each other :)
  • thndr200
    thndr200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried MFP about 2 years ago or so and also lost close to 15#, but I got too comfortable and kept thinking that one day off wouldn't hurt. That one day turned into a week that turned into a month and on and on it went. Now I've gained back about 10# and I can see where this is headed ... right back where I was. I don't want to be there. I don't sleep well, my knee hurts going up stairs, and I have few pieces of clothing that fit. I refuse to buy a bigger size when I have a closet full of clothes that used to fit. I've battled weight issues since 5th grade. I'm now 65 and I still haven't figured it out.
    So, here I am again. One more time. Hopefully the last time.