I have toooo many riped peaches any ideas??

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
I would like some simple ideas of what to do with my very ripe peaches so they don't spoil. Any ideas?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Cook Yourself Thin has a delicious looking Peach Crisp recipe on their website. I would love to have "too many" ripe peaches hanging around the house to try this one.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/roasted-peach-crisp
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I freeze my over ripened fruit for smoothies.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can can them, give them away, freeze them, sell them, etc. :] I love peaches. I don't think I would have any left over. Haha.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Throw 'em in a smoothie! I made a delicious nectarine & banana smoothie today with water, ice, protein powder, flax and the fruit. Everything was really ripe (and sweet) so I didn't need to add much, just liquid to thin it.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Peach/Apple sauce....mmmm
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Freeze them, make them into a spreading sauce, can them, turn them into fruit leather, bake with them, the possibilities are endless.
  • hotwheels253
    Options
    Hi...cut them up into chunks and lay them on a cookie sheet...put them in the freezer (cookie sheet keeps them from freezing together)...once they are frozen put them in freezer safe bag. Use for smoothies. You can do the same with any fruit.

If you cut the skin off and make the chunks tiny...you could use for peach salsa too!:bigsmile:
  • kittynurse
    kittynurse Posts: 57
    Options
    Grill them! Yum :) Then freeze the rest and add a handful of frozen peach cubes to vanilla protein shakes. Summerlicious!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    peach crumble! mmmm crumble....
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Peach Crisp: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=523959

Peach Breakfast Bake: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

I love parfaits made from sliced peaches, greek yogurt, kashi cereal and sliced almonds!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    peach salsa... yummy
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to cook them. Put them in a food processor and freeze in serving size bags. Top Fish, chicken, smoothies, yogurt, pancakes (once in a while) and put them in baking recipes that call for oil. use half oil and half pureed peaches.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oops double post!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say, cut them into bite sized pieces and nuke for a few minutes. I do this with apples [nuke longer, tho] and the warmth makes it more satisfying to me, feels like "dessert". I do this with 1/2 a sweet potato, too. Sometimes I think I'm craving, say, pancakes, but it's really the cinnamon I want or the syrup. I will have 1/2 or 1/3 of a baked sweet potato.. add splenda and cinnamon.. or butter spray and sugar free syrup..and have "dessert".

But.. once I saw the peach SALSA idea, I would SO go with that! [If you have extras ..share.. your neighbors will love you!] :)