Help me

Options
mila0814
mila0814 Posts: 4,169 Member
im doing the atkins diet. i lost 17 pounds in a lil over a month. but ive recently gained 3lbs back, its not much, compared to what i lost but im huuuugeeee.. my belly is super big, i seriously look like im 6 months pregnant.
i hadnt had regular bowel movements for a while.. so not sure if this has something to do with it
im feeling discouraged, frustrated and sad
could 3lbs make me look pregnant? please help me

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Your belly is protruding and you haven't had a bowel movement for "a while"? How long is "a while"? It sounds like you need to call a doctor immediately.
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Depending on where you are in your ovulation cycle, you are going to retain water, that's probably where some of the bloat and 3 pounds comes in. With the BM issue, a lot of people have digestive issues in one form or another when switching to low carbs. Are you making sure you are getting enough water and fats?

Edit to add, are you in pain at all? Like if you press on your stomach? If so then like MM said should think about seeing a doc
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask people you don't know. You need to see a doctor immediately.
  • mila0814
    mila0814 Posts: 4,169 Member
    Options
    sometimes i go like 2 or 3days without going.. and if i go is not really a regular one. this is a really not nice subject to talk abt lol
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Atkins can do that. Make sure to 1) drink lots of water, 2) eat lots of veggies, 3) avoid high-sodium meals. Also consider taking magnesium citrate, from any pharmacy. Follow the directions closely.
    Speaking of magnesium, don't take calcium supplements that lack magnesium.

If all of that doesn't get you back to normal within a few days, see a doctor. :+1:
  • marebear31485
    marebear31485 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you're saying your stomach was relatively flat before and being literal in saying you look 6 months pregnant (without exaggerating) then I would say you need to see a doctor immediately. Going 2-3 days without a BM is normal for some people.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Did you change your eating from Atkins back to "normal"? In that case it could be water weight.. Time of month, like others say.. Too much coconut milk? That can cause bloat..so can not having any bowel movements... Whenever I have trouble it's because I haven't eaten enough veg and salad for a few days.. (i'm on the low carb diet too)
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You're on Atkins and clearly not getting enough fiber. You don't need Atkins. It's great for upping your protein intake, but you can still eat carbs (and the all important fiber from grains and vegetables) and still lose weight. Just stay under your calorie goals.

Also, and mostly importantly, if you're not exaggerating about your stomach size and issue, then you need to go to a doctor immediately.