Logging Exercises

Options
I am doing just the exercise portion of the 21 day fix, how do I log that in MFP? I skimmed over the exercises and didn't see some the names of what I did for the last 2 days. TIA!

Replies

• Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask you that same question. I'm tired of getting shortchanged on my calories by MFP because I do a 21-day fix routine that doesn't require moving my feet a lot. Did you ever get an answer?
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Pick something similar? The exercise calories tend to be really inaccurate anyway, even if you pick the right one. Far better to work out your average TDEE and set your goal to that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MFP uses general categories. Exercise calories are a guesstimate anyway. Everything with a calorie estimate is under cardiovascular.

Strength training
    Circuit training
    General Aerobics
    Dance
    Yoga, etc

What Jams009 said - if you know your exercise will be consistent, you could use a TDEE calculator & include exercise in the original equation (then don't log it in MFP).

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

• christastare
    christastare Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well as soon as I figure out what TDEE even means then I will work on doing it that way! Lol :) Thanks for all the help!