Share your sweet snacks

Options
kirakinss
kirakinss Posts: 25 Member
edited April 2016 in Recipes
So recently I find myself craving sweet treats, but I don't really know what to indulge in. I don't want to eat a chocolate bad, cause lord knows I won't have just one. So do yalls have any recommendations for sweet snacks that are more inventive than your typical dessert? Preferably something lower in calories because I'm currently still on a cut. Anything from 100-500 calories is good though! Yesterday I made these mini snores cups and they hit the spot : q57bvjz5wihf.jpg

Replies

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Easiest and best thing I make is chocolate proats (protein + oatmeal)

1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or 1/2 scoop if you're using body fortress or a different high-volume sccoop)
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 serving instant sugar-free chocolate pudding powder
    1-2 tbsp peanut butter
    1-2 tbsp "lite" or sugar free chocolate syrup

in the 500 calorie ballpark with good macros, higher or lower calorie/ fat depending on how much peanutbutter. It is pretty big and filling though so i sometimes will eat this for lunch.
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Popsicles are my favorite. Most of them are under 100 calories. My favorite ones are the Brewla.
  • scrap
    scrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow products
  • cgignac121
    cgignac121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got birthday cake iso protine powder and add it to Greek yogurt omg so good
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are a good one because they are sweet and being frozen you won't eat that many
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of "baked" little treats, but I have a major sweet tooth and here's some of the stuff I do:

-Chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt popsicles are my holy grail (grocery store, 100 calories a piece)
    -Caramel rice cakes with laughing cow cheese on top (35 calorie cheese, 50 calorie rice cakes)
    -Homemade "peanut butter cups"-- mix up a serving of pb2 (45 cals), put on a plate in a little pile. Melt a Hershey's kiss or chocolate chips, etc (around 40 cals) and smooth over top. Pop in freezer for around 15 minutes to firm up, then eat! I saw a lady use nutella on top instead of melted chocolate, which looked delicious, but I don't usually have the extra calories for nutella.
    -I LOVE to freeze store bought greek yogurt, then eat it with almonds on top. It's like ice cream! I do the dannon light n fit (80 cals) and put Diamond vanilla almonds on top (100 cals)
    -sugar free candy-- I usually bring one or two with me to work and they're only around 50 calories per piece
    -Skinny cow chocolates- in a pinch I eat these, but they're usually around 130 per serving, and kind of small. If I have the calories, I will get one of the little peanut butter bars (like a nutty bar) and dip it in my pb2 mixture
    -I found a recipe online for 37 calorie brownies. Google "37 calorie brownies" and it should be the first one. It definitely doesn't taste like a regular brownie, but I added extra splenda to mine and actually ate it with a serving of real icing on top. definitely hit the spot!
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make ice cream with bananas.
    0pcpe7rkqqdz.jpeg
    vo3m8ojtz114.jpeg
    o9bgz72kb43j.jpeg
    okdv94cadcnk.jpeg
  • MLMarkow
    MLMarkow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try coffee pana cotta. I use milk instead of cream and yellow package sweetener instead of sugar. Recipe is simple. One package knox gelatin, dissove in water and heat in microwave (don't cook..just till dissolves) add to warm milk and add equal amount warm strong coffee or expresso. (I added extra instant coffee b/c I like real strong flavor). Add splenda and one tsp vanilla. stir till dissoves. Pour in ramikikns or cups and chill till soidifies/ ( about 100 calories per serving) Let me know if you make it and like it. Michael
  • TheresaLisaJulieJean
    TheresaLisaJulieJean Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    MLMarkow wrote: »
    Try coffee pana cotta. I use milk instead of cream and yellow package sweetener instead of sugar. Recipe is simple. One package knox gelatin, dissove in water and heat in microwave (don't cook..just till dissolves) add to warm milk and add equal amount warm strong coffee or expresso. (I added extra instant coffee b/c I like real strong flavor). Add splenda and one tsp vanilla. stir till dissoves. Pour in ramikikns or cups and chill till soidifies/ ( about 100 calories per serving) Let me know if you make it and like it. Michael

I LOVE Panna cotta...I've got to try this immediately!!!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have zero will power when sweets are in my kitchen. Still looking for non trigger sweets and thus far have found none.
  • kirakinss
    kirakinss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I will definitely give some of them a shot. But @bellabonbons I totally get what you mean about trigger foods. I can never seem to have just one cookie.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My favourite snack is Jameson's raspberry ruffles!! They're small but filling and are 45 calories each and are vegan! X
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almonds