Lost 25 lbs in one month

Options
derek1237654
derek1237654 Posts: 234 Member
Hi through calorie counting, high protein and extreme excercise i have been able to go from 263.5 to 238.5 in 30 days.
This is how i did it.
I ate 6 to 7 small meals per day between 2200 and 2700 calories in total depending on my hunger level and excercise. I excercised 5 am everyday. I would do 1 hour of high intensity interval training using kettlebells mostly 30 sec hard then 30 sec rest. Then i would do 1 hour elliptical machine at a vigourous pace on reasonably high tension. Later in the day i would do 1 more hour of elliptical. I did this 7 days a week without exception. While i undoubtedly lost some muscle mass i feel stronger and can lift more than i ever could before. I intend to keep this up for another 10 pounds then stop the elliptical workouts and just do kettlebells 1 hour everyday.
So my point is that it is possible and i really never felt hungry the whole time!
A key thing for me was learning the best all round practical excercise that exists and that is the kettlebell swing and snatch. It combines high calorie burn with strenth and cardio for a truly unbelievable workout. In fact kettlebell snatches as part of a HIIT workout can burn 20 calories per minute. So for me it was the most efficient way to achieve my goal.
Anyone have any other ideas about what i should do from here on out?
Thanks

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! If it's not broke, then why fix it? It sounds as though you have found your holy grail.
  • jayrow473
    jayrow473 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Derek amazing job.no matter what you still had to be disiplined enough to do that every day.you are strong and I can't wait to see your pictures when you reach your goal God willing.keep up what your doing its working well CONGRATS BROTHER YOU MUST FEEL GREAT
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!