Anyone have success lifting heavy weights on Keto?

Options
I've read the books, done the research and been in a state of ketosis myself for about 2 weeks. Seemed to make me feel better after the first week of "down" feelings. I was at 10% carbs, 20% protein, 70% fat, about 1500 cals a day, give or take depending on my workouts. I lift heavy weights 5 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days. Just wondering if any has had success on keto? Been on it for a long time? Like it? I've got about 20 pounds to shed before I'm content with my weight. Ive eaten pretty healthy for about a year so simple carbs havnt ever really been in my diet anyways. I've got friends and others telling me "you need carbs!" I get carbs, but from veggies and fruits etc...I tried doing the complex carb thing with oatmeal and brown rice etc....but I feel like it just makes me feel bulky, like I'm gaining muscle but its over fat. I wanna lean out. I'm thinking of keto again but just looking for others in my same position, others that lift weights on keto. How they feel etc..let me know, I'm open to your thoughts please!! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You might want to head over to keto group and ask there, or even the low carber daily forum. I've been keto 9 months but don't lift. :smiley:
  • KingSquirrelBling
    KingSquirrelBling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keto and lifting go together well.
    I do both.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I naturally end up lower carb since I try to hit high protien and have had no issues with my lifting. But by lower I mean around 100g a day, not net since I don't do those figures just around 100g total. Never have seen any issues with my lifts or progressing.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My fitness-obsessed brother did it. He said he felt fantastic, and after he was keto-adapted, he had no trouble with lifting.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm Keto and lift. No problems at all. I do find myself more hungry lift days but just eat more within my macros and life is all good again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!