Not losing weight on 4:3 diet

Options
Tjs8819
Tjs8819 Posts: 33 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I started this 4:3 diet two weeks ago. I eat at maintenance (2109) one day and 500 calories the next.. I haven't lost but maybe 1 pound since I started it. A month before I started this I was eating around 1400 cals a day and I lost 8lbs in a month. I don't understand,For the week I'm at over 5000 calorie deficit ( not counting exercise) why am I not seeing at least a pound a week drop?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Try switching to what MFP recommends that you eat each day and take a look at these helpful tips.

dlkeedef37f1.jpeg
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calorie intake?
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat using a food scale?
  • Tjs8819
    Tjs8819 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    How are you measuring your calorie intake?
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat using a food scale?

I log the things I know.. If I'm eating out I kinda guess the calories. I usually over estimate my calories.I figure even if I'm off on my non fast days I'm still at a big enough deficit to lose at least a pound a week.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Why would you switch if the first method worked? Why try to binge one day so you starve the rest?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Tjs8819 wrote: »
    I started this 4:3 diet two weeks ago. I eat at maintenance (2109) one day and 500 calories the next.. I haven't lost but maybe 1 pound since I started it. A month before I started this I was eating around 1400 cals a day and I lost 8lbs in a month. I don't understand,For the week I'm at over 5000 calorie deficit ( not counting exercise) why am I not seeing at least a pound a week drop?

If your maintenance is 2109 you're eating in an approximate 1600 deficit 3x/wk. That's 9600 over 2 weeks, or about 2.75 pounds. IMO, this falls into "weight loss is not linear" territory.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I did 4:3 for my weight loss phase (alternate day IF). I lost at a steady pace with no issues and no stalls. Something seems off here. Are you accurately tracking your intake? Using a food scale (set to grams) to measure out portion sizes?

Also, with ADF the scale does not follow the 'normal' pattern. Instead it's a series of whooshes and bumps, but follows an overall downward trend. What you want to pay attention to is the weigh-in after your first down day of the month, and then compare that to your weigh-in after your last down day of the month. That will give you a better idea of your weight loss trends. So focus on monthly totals, not daily/weekly ones.