Water and weight loss

Options
I haven't been losing weigh for the past couple weeks.. Could it be because I'm not drinking water. I know it's crazy but I don't like water and now that I've cut out soda I barely drink anything but maybe a cup of low cal lemonade a day

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No, that's most likely not the reason.

It's more likely either logging accuracy or temporary water retention (of which there are many reasons for... carbs, sodium, ovulation, period, exercise, etc

Are you weighing your food with a food scale and logging consistently and accurately?
  • Tjs8819
    Tjs8819 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    No, that's most likely not the reason.

It's more likely either logging accuracy or temporary water retention (of which there are many reasons for... carbs, sodium, ovulation, period, exercise, etc

Are you weighing your food with a food scale and logging consistently and accurately?

I'm on the 4:3 diet where I eat maintenance one day and fast the next (500 cal) I figure even if I'm off someday a from my non fast days my deficit for the week is still pretty big.. Idk before I started this diet 2 weeks ago I was eating 1400 a day and I lost 8 lbs within the month.. Guess I should go back to that
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alot of people tend to overcompensate (by accident) on their non-fast days.. If you don't feel this is working for you, then just go back to what did. :)
    Having said that... if you enjoy the fasting thing, why don't you look into the "every other day" diet? You may like that.. (google it)