I need motivation

Options
jonkight
jonkight Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for help. 2014-2015 were very tough and stressful years for me. I use to be very fit. In fact, in 2014 my weight was 178lbs. I was very toned and very active. Then the stress came. My world started to fall apart and I started to look for food for comfort. I could run 5k easily when I was in shape. Now I can't even run a mile. I weighed myself yesterday I'm 256. My confidence is gone, I'm disgusted with my body, and I dont know what to do. I know God didn't put me on earth to be fat and immeasurable. I want to enjoy life again

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You have to remember what it felt like to be fit. That's what's motivating me. Exercise is a stress killer, it's a truly healthy way to get rid of it. The trick is convincing yourself of that. Start logging your meals and keeping your calories in check. Baby steps for exercise. One day at a time, and one foot in front of the other. You won't accomplish it overnight.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You already sound motivated to get fit again. Is what you're talking about something more like being motivated to do the hard work of pushing your plate back and slowly beginning to exercise again? What might help there is simply to start, and keep at it for a few weeks until you can see results. Once you see results, the connection between turning down food in this moment and seeing a satisfying drop on the scale in a few days will be so clear that that will become your motivation to keep it going.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well you already know how to be fit, so that's a plus! I was a chubby kid for as long as i can remember. I remember wanting to lose weight so badly, i even drank apple cider vinegar because it was "suppose to make me lose weight". I got to 165 pounds, avoided all mirrors and was completely disgusted with myself. So i took the leap. I did my research and started to count calories. I dropped to 145 pounds. I went on vacation and it completely killed my motivation, plus the fact i couldn't seem to break out of the 140's. So i kept that weight for a long time (pretty much a year) and just restarted. That pesky 140's luck followed me though, it took me a MONTH to drop down into the 130's. I'm finally 135 pounds. The last stretch to 120 is here and i can feel myself getting frustrated with losing these last 15 pounds. So as you can see, me and pretty much everyone else on this site, can completely relate to you. Weight loss is hard, but there are AMAZING people on here that can help you along the way.

You can do it. You want to, it's why you're here. So get to it :) Don't go too aggressive on the calorie deficit. Start slowly and take it day by day. And talk to people!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Do you want to continue down this path and risk developing diseases related to obesity?
    Do you have kids? Do you want kids? Do you want to play with your kids for 10 minutes while you sit on the couch?
    Do you have friends? Do you have family? Do you want them to worry about losing you early because your heart can't handle the stress?
    Do you like what you see in the mirror? Are you going to let that control you to eat more and more and more?
    Do you want to enjoy a life full of joint pain?

Then get up and do something about it. Only you can find where your motivation comes from. If you want it, you'll obtain it. Good luck.
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was 232 and it was the big number that crushed my motivation because the weight loss seemed so far away. Then I put my mind to it and got to 185 (which is my goal again now, after back surgery and six months gaining weight in the hospital). But every journey starts with the first step. I'm pissed I've only lost a few pounds, but I know if I don't give up, each pound lost will eventually get me to my goal weight. Breaking everything down into one pound at a time or "baby steps" may help. If I faulter or get down on myself I will just yo-yo which has been happening the last 8 days. So I re-committed and I'm back on track. Be glad you didn't wait until 300 lbs before you started to get back to it! See? You just lost 44lbs! lol Good luck!
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've had a life losses this past year too, My mother and niece and nephew who I was very close too. It has been tough but I always remember others have it tougher. But I have 'let myself' go in taking care of others. So I am back to doctor, review my goals, back to fitness pal and back to getting healthier, we can do this together. Add me a friend.