What to drink besides water

Options
2»

Replies

• call3na
    call3na Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I drink regular tea with soya milk first thing in the morning. Water with fresh lemon or lime or apple juice with water or jasmine tea in the day.

Chamomile tea at night :)

Fresh mint tea in the summer!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'll make a hot mug of green tea. Add ice to fill a water bottle. Pour cooled tea in an add a couple packs of Equal. Add more ice if needed. It's good. I also do fizzy waters and crystal light.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of weak decaf green tea. I brew one cup and add another 3 cups of water.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, no sugar. Caf or decaf depending on the time of day. The first week drinking your coffee black is difficult but believe me, after that, you won't be able to drink it any other way.
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    mgookin1 wrote: »
    Teas of all sorts, Flavored sparkling water, Mio water flavorings, Smoothies, Shaved ice with a few drops of the Mio flavoring, POWERade zero.

I also enjoy a bottle of soda from time to time. I spread it throughout the day.

I never thought of putting mio on shaved ice. I love snow cones in the spring and summer but not so much the calories. This could be just the alternative I need.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke, plain mineral water, any tea with no milk or sugar, and latte or flat white coffee with no sugar
  • InsipidDime
    InsipidDime Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of tea, but I don't find I get bored of water. Coffee and once in a blue moon milk. My husband enjoys Hansen's Soda or any kind of juice/fruit blended with ice. Lemonade is nice on occasion. I think you can really drink whatever you like as long as it fits within your goals.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love water, so have no issues drinking it all day, every day (a water bottle is basically an appendage for me). I do drink a lot of fizzy water (now if only my Soda Stream would stop breaking), and I think that's a nice way to break up the monotony of still water, especially if you're trying to break the soda habit. I'll also drink tea, an occasionally a cup of coffee or, if I'm being "bad"and indulgent, a soy vanilla latte. I don't drink a lot of coffee, despite loving it, because it makes it hard for me to focus. I will drink juice on occasion (making sure to drink juice that isn't also sweetened), and, of course beer, wine, and the occasional cocktail.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant, so I'm less concerned about drinking my calories than many people are on here. I limit my caffeinated beverages to one a day (this baby can't tolerate coffee, so one 12-oz Mountain Dew it is). Besides that, I'll usually have a 16oz glass of juice (usually white grape); at least one 16oz glass of milk; a breakfast smoothie each morning make with milk, frozen fruit, and vanilla yogurt; and I fill my large Bubba cup (34oz) with water in the morning and try to drink at least one of those in a day.

I advocate strongly for balance. If you find that this lineup has too many liquid calories in it, cut back a little; have an 8oz glass of half-juice, half-water, for example. I can understand getting bored of water because I often do the same thing. That's why I don't mind adding in a few extra liquid calories; to me, getting proper fluid intake is much more important than trying to avoid a couple extra calories from fruit juices and such. When I was in the middle of morning sickness and the baby hated water, I would drink Kool Aide because he was so incredibly fond of fruit and fruit-flavored stuff.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Green tea, coffee and a zero Cal vitamin water
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    mostly water.... rootbeer, real beer, wine, champagne, juice if there is said champagne.. and mexican coke.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I drink sugar free squash just makes the water taste a bit different
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I buy a wild berry tea its non caffeinated and naturally sweet due to the fruit in it. With a squeeze of lemon it tastes similar to juice. I believe the brand is celestial
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mio + sparkling water = soda

I prefer mio fit for the electrolytes
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    I buy a wild berry tea its non caffeinated and naturally sweet due to the fruit in it. With a squeeze of lemon it tastes similar to juice. I believe the brand is celestial

That sounds yummy, I'm going to look for it next time I'm at the store, thanks!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Coffee, green and Chanca Piedra teas.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee, diet ice tea, orange juice once a week maybe, Crystal light, Powerade zero and skim milk
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have one of those bottom-dispensing tea infusers and love mixing different things. I'll have a base of usually green tea or tulsi tea. But, depending on the day, I'll add in things like dried pomegranate ('anardana' at the Indian grocery), citrus peel, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, cacao nibs, chamomile...
  • ellevs
    ellevs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Club Soda mixed with real fruit juice... if I'm going to have something "bubbly" :)