Scary happening this week

Options
I have lost a total of 25 lbs and currently sit at 170 lbs with a GW of 160. I have been eating what I want in my calorie range and have been doing really well. I am 45 years old and male and have a height of 5'10. I fainted while I was coaching a practice for my son's t-ball team. Doctors found nothing wrong and said it could be lack of hydration. Scary as I thought I was doing so well and was very upbeat about how my health was going and now I am kind of numb about it. I have to go walk on a treadmill this week to make sure it isn't heart related but just very discouraged right now. my resting heart rate was between 43-45. They were concerned that was low and I was thinking I was just getting healthier. Just not a good week and needed to vent. Any thoughts or motivation would be appreciated.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    flukes happen. I guess theres some missing info, like how quickly did you lose those 25 pounds, how many calories are you eating. Have you ever felt dizzy while working out? idk, doctors dont know everything but seems like these would be questions the doc should have already asked. See what happens on the heart test.
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been going at this for 111 days right now. I am eating abut 1700 a day and walking about 10000 steps a day. Not doing any lifting or anything other than walking.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Take it easy and listen to your doctors. I hope it was just a dehydration-related event and that your heart is okay.
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Have you had anything to eat before you fainted?
    I was getting this kind of episodes when I was having hypoglycemic problems due to bad nutrition.
    But certainly go check yourself and make sure you get a full blood work as well.
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My husband passed out once due to dehydration and was fine after some fluids at the ER. I hope that things work out and you were simply dehydrated. Hang in there.