Help me :-(

Options
I am at an all time high in weight and out of shapeness. I have six weeks to drop weight and get in shape for Academy. SOS. I. NEED. HELP.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depending on where your starting from that means you could safely lose 3-12 lbs.
    Invest in a food scale and weigh out all solid foods.
    Plug your stats into MFP and select a reasonable rate of loss (2lbs per week is reasonable if you have at least 75 lbs to lose. Eat that goal when you dont workout and eat that plus 50% exercise when you do.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @dheflin91 what kind of Academy are you talking about. Do you want to get in better physical shape or are there MUST LOSE pounds before you can be accepted?
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Walking is great, if harder workouts aren't possible yet. Just walk as long as you can.
  • dheflin91
    dheflin91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins it's academy for the Dept of Corrections.
  • dheflin91
    Options
    No @Noel_57 not starfleet :D:p
  • dheflin91
    Options
    @shadow2soul thank you so much. I just need to get as physically ready in 6 weeks possible. I don't have a goal at this point in time to lose I just need to lose some and get stamina back.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    dheflin91 wrote: »
    @GaleHawkins it's academy for the Dept of Corrections.

If there is not a 'magic' weight they require to start the program I think I would just consider building stamina by being outside and moving getting as much sun as possible because you are going to be at it in some real heat.

I do LCHF for health reasons (it resolved most of my pain and 40 years of serious IBS, etc) but would not recommend you even consider that way of eating pre Academy. You already know what to expect so pushing yourself very hard doing the same type of training on your own could be helpful before you go.

Best of success physically and mentally because I am sure it will be demanding in both ways.
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    if your going to a correction academy, i suggest work on your pushups, situps, running and pulls ups as well, state and other goverment type academies for corrections are similar to police academies, i have been in the military, also law enforcement and currently armed security
  • fitbride15
    fitbride15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I am also at my all time high and looking to get in better shape for the summer but in general change my life. I just did spinning today and taking a few minutes to plan meals for the week. Meal planning is going to be key for me. Lets do this!