Read the link I added. ^^
  • AnnieHill2015
    AnnieHill2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Will do thanks x
  • thomurll
    thomurll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie! I have also been cutting back calories and increasing activity in order to lose weight. After three dedicated months, I have only lost 3 lbs! So frustrating! However, I do feel a lot healthier and my clothes are fitting better! It's difficult to stay focused and committed when you aren't seeing the numbers on the scale change, however, progress shouldn't be measured by weight alone. Something I have found helpful is keeping a "journal" - a sheet of paper each month that says at the top "I'm so happy I've stayed committed to my healthy living plan because..." and each day I write down something qualitative! Like: My "tight pants" aren't so tight anymore... My skin isn't breaking out... I'm waking up earlier... etc. It reminds me of all the great benefits my new healthy lifestyle affords me, even if the scale isn't changing!

Also, because numbers can be very motivating, I found a vitamin shop nearby that has an InBody body fat tester. I stop by every 10 days to "weigh in" on the machine. It has been very helpful for me because I attain a better understanding of how my body composition is changing! The last weigh in I had, I gained 2 lbs in weight, however, my InBody analysis showed I had gained 4 lbs in muscle and dropped 2% body fat! YAY! It's true that muscle weighs more than fat, and if I had measured my success in weight-loss only, I would have felt discouraged by thinking I was gaining weight, when in fact, I am right on target! Overall, the weigh-ins keep me informed and accountable. Call around to various health/vitamin/weight-loss stores near you and see if they provide any body fat testing! It's done wonders for me!
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing now?
  • AnnieHill2015
    AnnieHill2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a exercise bike and a running machine and walking the dog
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to do this? sadly there's no quick.fix
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Dont eat 4 portions every meal