Needing to loose 100 plus lbs

Options
I am a 45 years old mom of 2 children. My current weight is 254 lbs. I joined last week a fitness center for plus size people. It took me a while to define in my head what I needed then to find it. It also gave me the motivation to start this journey, which no doubt will be long.....Would love to share my journey with other people in the same boat.

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    We are very similar in age, I've got two kids and I'm heavier than you, but I'm making great progress here!! Friend request on the way!
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking steps to take your health back. An object at rest tends to stay at rest so sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Good luck on your journey. Try to remember weight loss takes time, don't push yourself too hard right off the bat and burnout. The gym is great for physical and mental health, but remember true weight-loss happens in the kitchen. Make sure you are weighing all solids and not using measuring cups. You will have a good bit of wiggle room in your loging at first, but as you lose weight you will have to get more and more accurate with your numbers.
    Don't over restrict your calories and make yourself miserable, you are doing this to improve your life not punish yourself. Remember to breathe and know you got this.
  • termaineross
    termaineross Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started 312 back in December and my goal is to be 200 lbs by end of year. My journey started out hard and saw minimal to no results but now I see light at end of tunnel. I'm starting to see change in body and feel that goal of 200 lbs is in reach. We all just have to motivate one another and visualize your future self. That keeps me going when I want to cheat diet or skip gym.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey I started at 250 now I am at 220. Setting the small goals is the only way to go, 25 pounds was my first goal to lose now onto getting at 199.
  • khadidm2016
    khadidm2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your personal experiences with me! It makes this journey that much easier.