Lookin for friends!

Options
A few days ago I started again at this weight loss battle! No more excuses! Want to lose and enjoy all that comes with being smaller and healthier.

I logged my food back in May and didn't lose so gave up again. I sabotage myself too much and want to learn how to stop that.

Last summer my son got married and I lost 20 lbs before but not as much as I wanted. Now I've gained it back and feel down. My summer break just started so I have no excuses left.

We go on a cruise in 13 days (meeting daughter’s boyfriend’s family)... If I lost 10 lbs by then I would be happy... I know that's too much but I need a jump start to get motivated. Going to the gym everyday and eating smart... it's only 15 days total and I should be able to do that. Plan to at least walk everyday on the ship and eat healthy too. Just maintaining while there would make me happy.

I need support... do you? Lets help each other!

51.9 yr female :noway:

CW 240, mini goal 230 7/9/2011, GW 170

Married mom of two- son 24 and married; daughter 21 in college

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome, make yourself comfy, youre gonna like it here...
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    MFP is fabulous - easy to use, addictive and the people are great!

Good luck :smile:
  • angelmood
    angelmood Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there

Support is the best thing for us, add me to your friends list angelmood

Married Female with 60lbs to loose
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've sent a friend request.
  • Sandra221
    Sandra221 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Kelley,
    I too am a habitual dieter, trying yet again!
    I've just tried on my summer wardrobe and it's not pretty,I am going away for a spa weekend with the girls in three weeks so would like to lose as much as possible- I can not believe I have let myself get bigger again grrrr.
    This is my first post on here, maybe we caan support each other.
    I am 49.5 and have three gorgeous kids :-)
    Sandra
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    welcome to MFP! :) It's a great place as you have found out. You'll do great! If you want, add me as a friend.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    welcome - you can totally lose that much in 13 days! I mean you won't be abel to lose that much EVERY 13 days but the first 2 weeks it seems like the weight just melts off. Good luck - this site has really helped me so far
  • Mel36Run
    Mel36Run Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is filled with many supportive people. You can add me if you like.

SW 244
    CW 179
    GW 150
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    You'll love it here!

Here are some of my tips:
    - drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
    - eat lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats
    - filling snacks such as apple and pb, almonds
    - exercise
    - look at it as a lifetsyle change and not just dieting! You want to make sure you are putting the right fuel for your body
    - allow yourself to splurge
    - don't reward yourself with cheating on food

As for the cruise, drink lots of water and watch out for the 24/7 pizza and ice cream bar. I'm pretty sure I gained like 10 pounds ON the cruise lol (not really but it felt like it)

I'll send you a friend request!
  • revtracey
    revtracey Posts: 3
    Options
    I think this is the right place for support, ideas and accountability. You can do it.
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    YOU GUYS (lol ... of course I mean and girls)!!! That is the most amazing 10 mins I've had in a while! Thank you for your replys and friend requests! The great big world just became a wonderful small community, love it! I'm of to the gym now with a smile on my face!
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome! I just sent you a friend request.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome and have a great workout this afternoon!
  • talbotjem
    talbotjem Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    I am up for your challenge of losing 10lbs in 15 days. I am going over to Cyprus in just over three weeks to see a school friend, a very thin school friend! I go most years and last year I weighed about 10 stones whereas at the moment I weigh 10stone 10lbs.
    I know I am looking for a fast fix for my holls and my confidence but I really want to start on a complete change of my eating habits and begin an exercise regime.
    I have dieted on and off for years, I can lose weight easily at first but once I lose motivation I struggle to get back on track.

So a little more about me, I am married and have 4 boys, aged 24, 21, 16 and 12. I have three dogs and foster for a dog rescue. I like to keep myself busy, I enjoy yoga, gardening, walking and spending time with family and friends. I also love to lose myself in a good book.

So Monday morning it is, back on the scales and back on the diet, I look forward to hearing how you are doing on your healthy eating plan, Is this your first cruise? We went on a cruise a few years ago to the Carribeen and if your ship is anything like ours the choice of food is extensive but tempting!

Good luck, Jo x
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You will love it here if you make it a daily habit! we are all here for the same reason! what I love is that I can still eat anything I want its just all about portion control & sometimes just having to enjoy it the following day instead. I dont feel deprived, I am constantly inspired by all the great people on here & when see some of the amazing people on here who have lost 100's of lbs my 51 seemed so do-able!
    You just need to be tired of feeling the way you have for however many years & decide that you are not going to allow any more years to go by feeling this way...we are here for you! :)
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Every day it is a choice that gets easier! :smile:
  • Whatnow50
    Options
    the more the merrier! thanks to all my newbies... I'm feeling strong and can do this! Hope you all are feeling that way to!
  • DavisKaren
    DavisKaren Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello my name is Karen and trust me I am with you on this challenge. Let out journey together be filled with more success than failure! Lets talk and get to know one another.

I'll be that friend you need :flowerforyou:
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will loads of great information & support! Stick with it and you will begin see results quickly.
    I just sent you a friend request!
  • Whatnow50
    Options
    bump