Really, what are you looking for?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I challenged myself and to see if I could do it. So I want to see if I can shed the weight and become that cut muscular guy you see at the beach. I want people to see me and say OMG is that Travis ? I want the self confidence that I have never had. I want to be healthy and have an active lifestyle. I want to get married and settle down and have a family. My biggest desire is to be a father.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what people are really looking for when it comes to weight loss and physical health. I'm 24, happily married and my husband is perfectly content with the way I look, and he has been the entire 5 years we've been together. Suddenly I have this incredible urge to be thinner, because I think it will increase my looks. I want to buy cute clothes again and feel more attractive, even though I have no one to impress. Is this totally selfish? I also want to be healthier, but overwhelming so, I just want to look nicer. What are you trying to accomplish by being healthier? Looks or health? P.s. I think anybody can rock their appearance no matter what the scale says! It's just a number!

After glancing over your picture I'm looking for a bit of bacon to be honest.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the bigger my package looks. Although I'd need to get down to a newborn baby's weight for it to look impressive. :|
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to be a bellydancer. I am a hairdresser too. Everything i do and love is art and is on my feet. Im exhausted. I gained a *kitten* ton of weight with my last child (hes 10 months now) and suffered from horrific post partum depression which when paired with a difficult pregnancy made me gain 100 pounds over the course of 2 years.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Boobs.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    My main goal is sport performance. My second goal would be longevity and quality of life. I can't say I don't want to be physically attractive, but that is a bonus really.

OP, you're already attractive.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am physically very active and would like to continue to do so. My knees are bad and weight loss will help to reduce the pain in them. Hauling an extra 100 pounds up on my horse's back isn't fair to her, especially as she gets older, plus it is just hard on my knees when I am falling down and getting up hundreds of times in an average session of aikido.

Not to mention it would be nice to buy clothes I like and am comfortable in, not worry about fitting in a booth at a restaurant or the seats at an event.

I am not doing it to please anyone but myself.
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started getting fat rolls, never got "the look" from anyone, was having health problems, self esteem problems and problems with the fit of my clothing. I hated the way I looked naked (and clothed), hated feeling bad all of the time and my husband told me I'd started snoring more. I had no energy to do things. I'd come home from work and just collapse. Something inside me snapped one day and I joined a biggest loser type challenge at work. I won! The whole journey is about making myself into the person I want to be, about improving my health and becoming stronger. I'm looking forward to shopping for cute clothes in my own storage boxes and in some of my favorite stores. Forty more pounds should do it.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I want to look beautiful while I am still young, and that to me includes being at a smaller weight. That is my primary motivation. Yet with that goes feeling energetic, having a flexible body with endurance, being able to move freely and quickly, etc. I also want to live longer and avoid diseases and early deaths that I've seen occur in my family due to obesity.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My purpose for living a healthier life was to feel happier and look good naked at first. Now, I want to be stronger. The feeling (alone!) of me lifting heavier from yesterday is such an amazing accomplishment. I feel like I'm on top of the world TAT :3
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    aesthetics